“great hotel”

Residence Inn Brownsville
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Brownsville
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This hotel was really a pleasant surprise. After an initial panic that they had no more cribs available (my husband had called several days prior to our trip to reserve one), I was extremely relieved that they procured one for us. The room was comfortable. The housekeeping staff was very polite and helpful (we kept missing cleaning hours due to our kids' having to nap in the afternoon and the staff exchanged our towels for us as well as removed trash and brought fresh trash bags). The best part was the breakfast! We travel with two young toddlers and they wake up HUNGRY. It was extremely nice to be able to walk right down the hall to a hot breakfast with something for everyone. They had fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs and sausage, toast & bagels, oatmeal, waffles, etc. and great coffee. They even had highchairs in the dining area. Really great experience and we will most definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in Brownsville.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here over the weekend while doing a little weekend get away to South Padre. I booked it very reasonable on Priceline, but I saw the regular price as reasonable as well. The room was spotless, with quality linens. Their pillows are wonderful. I love the full kitchen although I rarely use more than Fridge or microwave. I know they have a nice complimentary breakfast but I was so comfortable, I got lazy and slept in. I love a quality hotel, I would rather pay a little more and stay with the brand I trust to be clean and comfortable.
The staff was friendly but I honestly did not interact much with them. I noticed they had an outdoor pool but did not explore much outside the room

Room Tip: It was off the main highway and only about 20 min to South Padre strip.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smilinggypsy
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Clean, spacious room with sitting area and small kitchen area. Hot breakfast buffet offered different selections each day, but always had prepared oatmeal, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, yogurt, fruit, muffins, bagels etc. There is also a nice happy hour/ light supper Monday through Thursdays. Pool was clean, although weather was not cooperative!
All employees encountered were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I stayed here four nights and found my room to be clean, comfortable and everything I needed. The complementary breakfast was decent as was the manager's happy hour food. I found the staff to be courteous, responsive and pleasant. There is a small gym with a couple of treadmills and exercise bikes. There is also a small swimming pool for those desperate to do some laps or cool off. While there is no business center, there is a computer with printer access for airline boarding passes etc. Finally, there is a complementary shuttle service that can take you to a large nearby shopping center (Target, TJ Max etc.) or local restaurants.

Room Tip: If you don't ask for a room near the only elevator, you could end up quite far from the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GeorgeRex
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I had been traveling for several months and not had this problem with any hotel until now. I use CLC (Corporate Lodging) for all my hotel stays. After confirming with phone calls and then in person at checkin, and even further with the desk clerk calling the Manager to verify, this Residence in called me 4 days and 3 cities later asking me for payment because there was a mixup! WHAT!
The Manager further explained that they thought CLC was the company I worked for and would need my Visa for payment. After some choice words and several phone calls from this Manager and telling them to call Corporate Lodging Co. I was offered points for being a gold member. Lost sleep, poor management, and lack of communication, but the breakfast is good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This is a reallly old hotel that has changed it's name. The building does not to justice the the Mariott brand. I will not be visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2011

My husband and I met a couple of friends in Brownsville to go fishing and visit Progreso, Mex. I really like the floor plan and cleanliness of the room. I would recommend this hotel. I believe you get more than what you pay. The pool is very small though. The hot tub is outdoors.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple