“Affordable, great services available, handled problems immediately”

Motel 6 Brownsville North
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Brownsville
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Affordable, great services available, handled problems immediately”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First of all I just noticed this used to be a Red Roof Inn (prior bad experience). My stay here was great, they accomodated our needs, the service from cleaning crew to maintance was great. They responded to our needs as needed. Fixed the edge of frame of bed that was sticking out (cause a sudden bump and injury to leg) and changed our light buld in bathroom. Once we notified them of these things by the time we returned to our room, they were fixed. For our needs the beds were comfortable and we had enough towels. The rooms have microwaves, hair dryers,refrigator, and space in room is good. They also have a beautiful pool. For an affordable and comfortable place to stay during your vacation trip to the beach in Sourth Padre Island; I strongly recommend to stay at this Motel 6.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side quieter and on third floor less A/C noise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here one night on a trip to Mexico. We waited for the front desk clerk to finish arguing with a guest who was trying to check-in. She was full-on yelling at him and ended-up declining to provide him with a room. She did apologize to us for the scene and she didn't yell at us once during the check-in process. The cost of the room was inline with other hotels in the area but the rooms were tired and in need of updating. They felt like they might have been used for housing people that had been displaced or for some other longterm purpose. I'm not sure if people knocked on our door at various times or people were just knocking loudly on neighboring doors. Regardless, it was not a place that was very comfortable at any point during our stay and I would choose a different hotel next time.

Room Tip: I would recommend a different hotel altogether. Otherwise, the third floor as at least you won'...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Brownsville hotels

Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed 15 April 2014

After looking through the pictures provided, I was happy with my 4 day reservation. We were charged the full cost upon check-in which was odd. As we walked in to our room, I saw nothing that looked like the pictures. The beds were so old and stiff and the room had a constant musky odor that smelled of mildew. the bathroom was moldy and smelled the worst! Maybe there are some newly renovated rooms, but the 2 rooms we occupied were completely outdated. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room?
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bah722
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The room looked nothing like the pictures above or on their website. I thought I was coming to a newly renovated hotel and instead I got an outdated room with an ugly dingy carpet. Nothing ticks me off more than false advertisement!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank VA200
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The front desk was great… friend and fast. I have stayed here many times (when it was a Red Roof Inn and since it changed to Motel 6) and it has almost always been a good stay. The room was clean, TV worked, very little noise and the coffee was not too bad!

I got a discount for my AARP membership so the price was VERY good. Easy on and off of the highway and lots of places to eat in the area.

Another nice stay in Brownsville. If you are in the area I highly recommend this Motel 6.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank L0calO
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This Motel 6 is updated and clean for the price. No frills here, but it is easy on the wallet. My 08 Ford F250 was almost stolen in just the 3 hours I spent asleep. My lock was busted out, and almost took my door handle with it. Not sure why they stopped, but I wont return here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my one night stay with the only complaint being a rather noisy ac unit. Other than that no problems or issues. Fast and friendly check in with a $39.99 rate. Rooms appeared to have been recently renovated and some say a former Red Roof Inn. My room was a king and was very spacious for Motel 6. Wall mounted flat screen tv was very nice. Very nice pool and Jacuzzi located outside. Washer & dryer located on all floors. Elevator worked fine.

• Stayed May 2013