“A quality Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Brownsville
Santa Barbara, California
“A quality Homewood Suites”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stay at Hilton properties throughout the US because of the consistent quality and service. This Homewood Suites is no exception. It lives up to the standards of the Hilton name, and provides a good value for the price paid. I really enjoy staying at Homewood due to the “suite rooms” and full kitchen in each of them. I found the Brownsville property, to be very clean, quiet, friendly, and located close to many major restaurants and name brand shopping. The included meals are prepared fresh each day, and staff is present to assist during the service. Be aware that when you are on the frontage road driving to the hotel, to slow down when you see the Holiday Inn Express next door. There is only one driveway and if you miss it you have to circle around behind the hotel and access it from the shared driveway. Other than that this is a very desirable location to stay, and I would book again if in the area. Photo is of the driveway where you need to enter the parking lot. The sign is kind of small but visible.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Shelly_Sojitra, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Thank you so much for your reviews and directions to the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Just to add about the directions : If you are coming South on Expressway 77, take exit of Ruben Torres and within a minute we are located on the right side next to Holiday Inn. For Directions call us at 956-574-6900.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
arkansas
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Family of 5 travelling to see relatives. Checkin was prompt and correct. Suite was okay. Some stains on floor. Foldout bed not very comfy but kids didn't complain. King size bed was nice. Did find human hair on the extra linens in the closet (for the sofa bed). Housekeeping tried to argue that they didn't see any. New linens were brought anyhow. Breakfast was VERY good and staff very friendly and helpful. Bathroom vents connect and a neighbor intermittantly smoked in theirs despite the hotel being nonsmoking. Front desk did try to take care of finding out who had been smoking but wasn't offered to change rooms. Didn't use the pool on site. Business lounge was nice but printer was out of ink. Some trash outside the hotel side doors took several days before being picked up.

Overall, not great, but not horrible. Would stay in Hampton Inn next time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank leahschatz
Shelly_Sojitra, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of AMENITIES/SERVICES you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I recently traveled to Brownsville, TX on business. I booked the Homewood because I am familiar with the chain and know what to expect, clean, large room; free breakfast, internet, etc. On this last visit, I arrived late at night and realized I had forgotten my toiletry bag and had an early morning court hearing. I went down to the front desk to see if anywhere was close to purchase toiletries. The sweet lady at the front desk, Shelly, told me where to go and also offered to give me a ride, as my colleague had taken our work car. I am so grateful to her and touched by her kindness. I will not forget that personal touch she added to my stay and will return on my next visit to Brownsville.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I came to Brownsville texas on a business trip and stayed in Homewood suites. I have stayed in al major brand hotels around the country and this hotel is now on my favorites list. The rooms are very clean as is the rest of the hotel, and the staff made my stay trully enjoyable. The complementary breakfast and dinner are fantastic and the kitchen staff made it even more enjoyable. i highly recomend this hotel to anyone on business or with their family.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I would have enjoyed my stay at this particular Homewood Suites it had not been for the fact that I was put on a smoking floor and my room wreaked of smoke. The front desk evening clerk (some guy studying his law books) was inattentive and the only thing he could do was give me a dry mechanical apology and hang up the phone when I complained.

Otherwise, the beds were comfy and the other staff members were professional and helpful. However, I do not think I would return. Buyer beware that if there are smoking rooms on your floor, all the rooms will stnk. This particular Hotel stinks.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Shelly_Sojitra, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
The hotel’s management has reviewed your comments and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. I can assure you your future stays will be according to your needs and satisfaction. Thank you.
Atlanta
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I've stayed at several other Hilton brand hotels and found this one to be the usual Hilton Homewood Suites. The rooms were nice and clean, the staff was very helpful. the bed was average but comfortable. No problems....

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Shelly_Sojitra, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Thank you for choosing us during your stay in Brownsville. We will try our best to maintain and improve our amenities and service upto your standard.
Zachary, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel for over a month on buisness. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. I ate better at this hotel than I do at my own home. The meals were delicious, not just donuts and danishs, or hot dogs and burgers. I left feeling like a part of the family.

They welcomed my dogs with open arms, which is important to me because they are my family.

I would reccomend this place to anyone, and hope to come back again.

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownsville
Staybridge Suites Brownsville
Pearl South Padre
Pearl South Padre
#6 of 32 in South Padre Island
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Is...
#2 of 32 in South Padre Island
Hampton Inn and Suites Brownsville
Residence Inn Brownsville
Residence Inn Brownsville
#5 of 25 in Brownsville

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville? Share your experiences!