“Homewood Suites - Brownsville, Tx.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Brownsville
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I always stay here when I visit Brownsville. This hotel is one of the best Homewoods I stay in. The meals are unique to a border town and not the standard fair you get in other locations. That makes it awesome in my opinion. Thursday morning, Jose' made eggs with green onions and cilantro! They were incredible! Very convienient location, great staff, clean, comfortable, affordable, and overall a great representation of the Hilton Chain. I will continue to stay here and there are other choices very close by; so that repeat business says something.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph H
Omar G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Good morning Joseph H. First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor for us!! More importantly, thank you for allowing us to be your host hotel when your travels bring you to Brownsville. Looks like you've built a friendship with our cook, Jose. He is a wonderful asset to our hotel. I have let him know that you mentioned him in a review. Our staff takes huge pride when our guests mention them by name. This also reminds our entire team the importance of what we do. Our goal is to make our guests smile. Today, you turned that around on us, and made our employee smile!! Thank you! Safe travels to you! See you next time!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Have to agree with other reviews. Hilton Honor member and booked online. I arrived nothing out of the ordinary. Staff not really friendly or welcoming as other Hilton venues greet you. I reserved a 1 bedroom Suite and was given a 1 bedroom studio. It was a one night stay so didn't want to mess with it until checkout. I informed the front desk of this and it happened to be the same person. She stated that it was a 1 bedroom and I agreed but that it was a studio and not a suite which is what I had paid for. She went on to say she was sorry and that it was not my fault. Ahh yeah I know it's my fault but maybe hers for issuing me the wrong room. That totally puzzled me by the comment. Room was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was okay not much choice. Potato and egg, tortillas and refried beans with stale pastries. Fruit cocktail and coffee was good and option of juice was okay. I've stayed here before never had this experience and maybe new staff and management

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Good morning R s from San Antonio. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review on TripAdvisor. Please let me begin with my most sincere apology for the confusion as to the booking error. I will be reviewing with the entire front desk staff as to the pre-assigning and proper booking of our guests into the correct suite types. Furthermore, the lack of staff friendliness is completely unacceptable. I have printed your TripAdvisor review and have been going over it with each individual front desk staff member. I do this so that it serves as a "training" point. We are in the "hospitality" industry. We should be the leaders as to professionalism and friendliness. In this particular instance, we were not. Again, my most sincere apology for our shortcoming. We will continue to improve on that. I hope that next time your travels bring you to Brownsville, you will offer us the opportunity to once again be your host hotel. I am sure you will see that this was an isolated incident, and that we will be improving our service levels through a positive training program. Thank you so much. Safe travels. Yours in Hospitality, Omar Guevara, CHA, General Manager.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Homewood Suites offered a great breakfast and social hour that really helped me charge up and unwind for my recent 2-week business trip. I will definitely being staying at the Homewood on future trips to Brownsville, TX.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had a nice experience while staying at this hotel. Great location. Staff was very nice. This gym is very close to a Gold's Gym and Staburcks and McDonalds. Great combinations to stay in shape and get your coffee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Hotel is very nice and rooms are spacious and confortable. They had breakfast, dinner and drinks complimentary (free). My fiancee and I had a lovely stay and enjoyed our Valentines day I will definetly recommend and return to this location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Have been staying at this hotel now for work for an ongoing period. Not a 5 star hotel but the accommodations are nice and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Also if you are in need of a place to stay in the Brownsville area this is centrally located and close to a number of the mexico border crossings.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Hotel is super clean, staff super courteous and welcoming. Laundry and fitness center on site. Daily (Mon- Sun)breakfast included in room price as well as dinner Mon- Thursday. Hotel close to many restaurants and department stores. In the heart of Brownsville, TX. Very pleasant stay. Would highly recommend over the other hotels in the areas, which I've stayed in on other occasions.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business