“If you need sleep, this is the place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville

Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Brownsville
Alto
“If you need sleep, this is the place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were on a long road trip and had stopped at a Motel 6 the night before. (BIG MISTAKE!) Anyway, we looked at the hotels in Brownsville and decided on this one. We were so glad we did. When we crawled up in this bed it was just like a cloud. The pillows were fluffy, the covers were soft and comfy and the mattress was wonderful. I slept like a baby! It was exactly what we needed and were so thankful we found it. Need a good nights sleep? This is the place!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Austin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Need to improve front desk staff, see them texting and talking with kitchen staff all the time. They listen to customer very casually not professionally. Internet at business office is always off. Need to tell them to open.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I have been sleeping 3 nights in this hotel and i was on a business trip so i didnt care much about the hotel but i was very suprised that it was very organized and also very nice rooms! I booked a single room but i got a twin roomthat wa shuge!! Maybe around 80 squared meters! The toilet was not nice at all, a but old but still nice:) the brownsville mall is very close to the hotel and many nice restaurants as well, besides that there is not much to see:)

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
McAllen, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

So thankful to all of the staff that was present during our stay. You made our stay wonderful. Because I was in town for a work event, I had to be up at 5am. I couldn't get myself to leave that amazing bed so I added an extra night just so I could sleep in the following day and not worry about work! I would go back to Brownsville for no reason in particular besides sleeping in at Homewood Suites!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Excellent place to stay. Great staff, quality facility. Excellent ammenities for guest to use. Rooms are always clean and have everything you need included. Any additional services not found at the hotel can be found for you by the staff. Such as Dry cleaning, restaurants etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Portland Maine, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel with good service. I have been staying in this hotel for the 10 years that I have been traveling to Brownsville. Good location friendly staff, clean rooms. Can't beat it. When we have meetings in Brownsville most people stay at this hotel easy to get to the airport and to the port if you need to. Plenty of parking at the hotel. With many restaurants that will satisfy any cravings.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Having stayed at other Homewood Suites properties over the years, I have to say that my expectations were not met. Compared to others, this hotel just looks cheap and uninviting. The breakfast options were limited, and the hotel coffee has to be the absolute worst that I have ever tasted. I did not partake of any of the dinner options. Someone *DOES* need to be taught how to properly tap a beer keg. Nothing but foam every night of my stay.

There was no acknowledgement of my HHonors status, something that *EVERY* other Hilton property seems to accomplish with no problem.

Normally when I have business in Brownsville, I stay at the Marriott Residence Inn just north of this property. This time however, I was in a group and the consensus was to stay here. I will definitely be returning to the Residence Inn for any future trips.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RdWarrior43
Omar G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Good afternoon RDWarrior43. I was so disappointed when I read your review of our hotel. Please accept my most sincere apology. I am so sorry that our breakfast options "were limited". We do our best to adhere to the required breakfast set forth by Hilton, and sometimes we go above and beyond. I don't have an honest answer for you as to what may have happened on the days of your stay. I have revisited our menu's and visited with the staff as to making sure we provide a hot, complete, breakfast. Furthermore, I will talk to the evening staff about the beer keg. They are aware of how to "tap a beer keg". I will have them continue to monitor it during our hours of operation so that the "foam" situation does not occur again. Finally, I have reminded our Front Desk staff of the importance of recognizing out Hilton Honors members. HHonors members are vital to our success, and we know thay are the guests that travel the most, and I know Hilton would not be as successful as we are if we did not have them. Again, I apologize for our shorcomings. We will continue to improve our operations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownsville
Staybridge Suites Brownsville
Staybridge Suites Brownsville
#6 of 25 in Brownsville
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Is...
#1 of 32 in South Padre Island
Pearl South Padre
#9 of 32 in South Padre Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,502 reviews
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padre Island
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padr...
#7 of 32 in South Padre Island
Hampton Inn and Suites Brownsville

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville? Share your experiences!