“Nicer than I thought it would be”

Motel 6 Brownsville
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Brownsville
Houston, Texas
“Nicer than I thought it would be”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Nice and CLEAN kitchette with super clean refrigerator! Lots of lights....BIG bathroom. No toiletries in room...or hair dryer...or iron...but our room was super CLEAN. Pillows were kinda flat. I had an enjoyable stay. Grocery store down the street where I purchased food for lunch and breakfast. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again....and next time I would bring an extra pillow.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kr_satexas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
usa
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I had NO issues with this hotel, at all. The price was excellent, considering that I ONLY needed a place to sleep and shower. The majority of the time, I was away from the hotel. The room was clean and smelled fresh. It was very visible that the furnishing are fairly new. Bring your own toiletries; the hotel only provided a small bar of soap but I didn't mind...I always carry my own toiletries anyways. No breakfast is provided, but again, I didn't mind...this gave me a reason to check out some local restaurants. Room did not have an iron, I requested one from the front desk. Also, no alarm clock in the room...my phone was my alarm clock. This Motel 6 is near a Mall. Glad I stayed at this hotel, especially for the price!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I've stayed here a few times over the years. The property simply has not been kept up. It's to the point that i likely will not stay here again. The hallway was filthy. The room was not clean. The bedding was stained. The tiny tv and having to pay for wifi were also drawbacks. The toilet ran constantly and left a small puddle of water on the floor. I didn't notify anyone-i was curious if housekeeping would have it addressed when they saw it. I stayed several nights and it was not fixed.

Management needs to be aware their choice to cut corners is affecting their business.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank garblefritz
CT
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I arrived at this hotel after fleeing the other Motel Six two blocks away (run down, smelly, not clean). I was happy to find a very reasonable rate for a studio with well-equipped kitchenette. The hotel pool was also nice - large and clean. My only complaint was the internet service - it was $2.50 a day, and my room which was far from the main desk didn't receive a decent signal. They happily refunded my money for the poor wi-fi, but it was very inconvenient not to have internet service.
The location was right off the highway access road which was very convenient, and lots of restaurants and shopping nearby but a 5 minute drive to downtown.

Room Tip: If you want wi-fi reception, get a room near the main desk.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Generally, I am a Motel 6 proponent however, there are winners and losers when it comes to Motel 6. This one needs revamping on every level. There was one front desk clerk both morning and evening with an abundance of customers waiting in line, not a big deal. Both front desk clerks were unfriendly and indifferent, not a big deal either. The smell of food in the hallway and filthy carpeting should have been an indication. However, the discolored, dingy blankets with cigarette burns, worn sheets, uncomfortable, squeaky bed, hair in the bathroom, stains on the walls made this stay intolerable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Brownsville hotels

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Ok so after 5min as soon as I checked in I HAD to write a review!! Ok so the location was ok plenty of attractions close by,the lady was nice,BUT here's where it took a turned for the worse! The price was MORE what they promised me over 20$,they said it was because of taxes even though when I did the reservation it said the taxes were included.After that I checked into my room which smelled awful,like it hadn't been aired out in years! They had no blowdryer/Iron either even though every other hotel does! They charge you 2.99$ for wifi!! Who does that? Then the Tv was small! I'm used to motel tv but this was barely a 20'' and it had horrible reception! In the end no breakfast either! I will not be staying here again and would reccomend for you not to either.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank aarsm94
Ciudad Victoria, Mexico
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I have found very useful to stay at Motel 6, Brownsville, Texas, when my family and I do the shopping. Even if it is Chrsitmas shopping, Easter Shopping, or just the weekend shopping, we enjoy it a lot because we know "a light is always on for us" returning from the Sunrise Mall or the sorroundings. It is always a pleasure to stay at Motel 6, Brownsville, Texas because everyone at it make us feel like home.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple