“Our only theater. . .” 3 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Our only theater. . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The plays are done with local talent. Sometimes they are very good and sometimes they lack better talent. I miss the opportunity for the off Broadway shows in bigger cities but I go to these to support local art and I do enjoy them. There are some very talented people in these shows and I think some of the shows travel here but aren't the big ones. I enjoy the theater and so I go.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Joan S

Los Fresnos, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Excellence without character”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I took friends to see "The Producers" in February. We were unfamiliar with the story, but had heard that it was good and had enjoyed other productions at the Camille. The acting and singing were indeed excellent! The characters were well-portrayed. However, we found the content of the play quite offensive at times and the costuming, probably meant to be a parody, very insulting. This kind of "art" may have appealed to the "sophisticated" 30 years ago, but t0 today's audience it seemed more like an attempt to shove homosexuality down our throats. We can do much better in choosing the vehicle by which to showcase the talent found here in the Rio Grande Valley! As it was, we were embarrassed and uncomfortable through significant portions of the show.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank travel4funaurora_OH
Brownsville, Texas, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Camille Playhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Quality plays have been put on since I started going and this is my third season. Staff and actors are friendly and they do great performances. There is a lot of talent in this area and they also encourage young people.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Lauren H
Brownsville, Texas, Usa
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Plays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

They have interesting plays that they put on here. The plays are with local young people and are well preformed.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Johnny S
Del Rio, Texas
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 208 helpful votes
“Incredible energy in a vibrant production”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Attended "Legally Blond" - a vibrant production with incredible energy. Attractive theatre in a park-like setting. Greeters worked hard to make everyone welcome in a great theatre lobby. Nice theater - good orchestra - vibrant production that sold out every show and demanded an extra week of productions. At times, the orchestra drowned out the dialogue.- I could not hear half of the dialogue. Overheard a man behind me tell his wife that he could not hear half the dialogue. Asked a teenager if he could hear, and he said that he could not hear half the dialogue.

Visited October 2012