“Great way to spend the day!”

Children’s Museum of Brownsville
Ranked #7 of 28 things to do in Brownsville
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great way to spend the day!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I have a 5, 7, and 13 yr old and was afraid it would be too baby for them. NOPE! They all had such a good time for hours! The older kids area got them learning about tornados, weather, and construction, and the younger area was so cute I wanted to play. The staff was around everywhere to offer help and organize things again and again. They were always smiling, and even helped my kids build a house. Excelent!!!!

2 Thank lovelymtz

Las Cruces, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A well thought out idea for children”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

While on vacation to South Padre Island with our two young granddaughters, we visited the Children's Museum of Brownsville. As an educator I was impressed with the amount if learning through play that goes on. My granddaughters were entertained for two complete hours, they became doctors, dentist, chefs, meteorologists, sailors. They were able to run, play and learn. The staff of volunteers were friendly and helpful. I only wish that we had something like this in our hometown.

Visited June 2014
brownsville, tx
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“GREAT FOR KIDS”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The only children's museum I had ever take my kids was in San Antonio. So needless to say this place was a little small. Its still very cute and the kids still had a lot of fun. This place is located inside a park, so parking might be a little far if you do not find a good spot. There is a zoo located right across from the park, I have personally been there too and it's great. So plan your day, you have 3 great locations in 1.

Visited February 2014
san antonuo
“Kids loved it.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

My kids had a lot of fun spending some time at the children's museum in Brownsville. Ladies were very nice and everything was just perfect for my kids..

Lyford, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Daughter's birthday celebration”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

As part of my daughter's birthday celebration she (along w/a group of friends) wanted to go to the Children's Museum. She picked the place because she had been to the one in San Antonio; however, that would be impossible since we're a 6 hr. drive away from SA. I looked into this museum instead. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is very nice, as well as the area that it is in. Cost is $6 per person ($1 off coupon per pair of adult & child is available on their webpage). Not as big as the one in SA but still has plenty for the kids to do. I had a group of 7 kids and all were well entertained for the 3 hrs. we were there. They also have different activities at no extra charge. They were doing face painting while we were there. Only advice I could give is that their webpage tells you to park at the zoo parking lot which means that you end up walking about 5 blocks to get to the museum. The museum is inside a park area that does have parking, limited but you may want to check for space there first to avoid a long walk. Play areas available at the museum include a doctor's office, dentist's office, kitchen & restaurant, farmhouse, boat, Target reading area, Channel 5 weather station (children get to see themselves on screen giving the weather), construction area, and the HEB grocery store where kids can pretend to shop. I highly recommend taking your kids here. Very inexpensive. Also there is a beautiful lake and park next to it, Camille's playhouse (performing theater), Sam's Pool (large swimming pool & children's sprinkler pad) and the Glady's Porter Zoo.

Visited May 2013