“What a nice surprise!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Brownsville, Texas
“What a nice surprise!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We came here for my aunt's birthday because we were curious. We took a gamble and it paid off. The moment we entered we were really well taken care of. The food was delicious. I recommend giving this place a try. The children's basket is huge so one will feed two children. The enchiladas mexicanas, the flautas, and milanesa were all great. The waiter told us that on Fridays and Saturdays there are mariachis and mariachi karaoke. The decor is very pretty and modern. The alcoholic drinks menu looked interesting. I ate a fish plate with a delicious white cream sauce. My only complaint is the mexican rice. It was so bland. Other than that try this place.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Jess F

“Delicious food & atmosphere!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Well what experience in zokalo it was other thing they treat me so good I had a margarita of tamarindo it was really good i had never tasted a margarita like that but i loved it and I got to eat the tampiquella and the sopes there were delicious. The owner was there and he was making sure everything was fine.

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“The train jumped the tracks”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

New restaurant, looked forward to giving it a day in court.
Sorry I did.
Host couldn't stop yakking on his cell phone while seating folks, waiter was nice.
Seating arrangement is horrible, cold and uncomfortable.
Clueless decor, broken mirror shards glued to the walls, dangerous to touch or lean against. Someone thought that was a clever idea. FAIL.
Ordered queso fundido appetizer, barely a spoonful of chorizo, served in a ceramic bowl so that it was cold and hard by the time it was set down on the table. Tortilla soup cold and tasteless. Waiter recommended the Steak Tampiquena Plate. The Plate showed up, steak thin, cold, shoe leather consistency, guacamole from Sam's Club, tiny portions, obvious that everything on the plate was previously prepared and frozen. Probably Sam's Club too. Waiter not capable of refilling a glass of water.
Maybe if they advertise "New Management, New Menu" I'll try them again.

• Visited June 2013