“A Welcome Find”

Sasi's Thai Restaurant
Mount Airy, Maryland
“A Welcome Find”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I were not impressed with the dining scene in Brownsville during our last visit, so when I found that a Thai restaurant had opened since then we decided to give it a try. We were very glad that we did. Service was prompt and friendly, prices were quite reasonable, portions are substantial, and the food was most enjoyable. My only real criticism is that many of the entrees do no come with rice; you have to pay extra for that, which is something I have never encountered in a Thai restaurant before. The menu is somewhat limited, but we had a long chat with the owner, and he is hoping to expand the resources in the kitchen. Not strong on atmosphere, but with such good food at affordable prices, we were very happy with Sasi's.

• Visited April 2014

Brownsville, Texas
“Just What We Needed”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Sasi's is a great restaurant with excellent service and pleasant ownership! While I've already chosen what my favorite plate is (noodle soup), everybody I take there orders something else and they always walk away impressed. The ingredients are fresh and the choices are vast. Keep up the great work!

Visited April 2014
Harlingen, Texas
“Ok”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I ate here a few times last year when Sasi's first opened. Spring rolls are good but sometimes they run out after lunch so if you come for dinner they may be out by then. . I don't understand why they don't make more if it is such a popular item. The stuffed cucumber soup is really good.

The curries have good flavor but are a little watery and it seems they use frozen veggies?

I love thai food. This is average but the only game in town.

• Visited July 2013
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Fresh, Authentic Thai - Who could ask for anything more?”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Sasi's is one of the best Thai restaurants I've experienced. Given that I'm from the Twin Cities area of Minnesota where there are many Southeast Asian restaurants, that's saying a lot. I found the food very fresh, carefully prepared, responsively served, and definitely authentic. Who could ask for anything more? Winter Texans can eat here assured of sanitary conditions and in control of the level of spiciness. Locals can eat here and be guaranteed authentic Southeast Asian cooking - unusual for Brownsville.

• Visited February 2014
Brownsville, Texas
“Very disappointing Fourth time is the final one”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Vegetarians need to look elsewhere

Food is bland noodles And the. vegetables are overcooked
I tried four times and was hoping each time for even am average meal But certainly not thai, greasy and overcooked

• Visited January 2014