“Unique Amenities...good for extended stays”

Staybridge Suites Brownsville
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Brownsville
Philadelphia
“Unique Amenities...good for extended stays”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed here for two nights in July. The hotel was a little hard to find. It is located at the back-end of a retail area, so you need to take many side streets to arrive at the location. Thankfully, their sign is super tall, so you can figure it out.
The hotel itself was nice and seemed either new or newly remodeled. My room was a standard suite format with a flatscreen TV, fridge, microwave, and cook-top. It was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. There was a decent fitness center on the first floor with a universal machine and cardio equipment…all in good condition.
Breakfast was free, but was a little hit or miss. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fruit (mostly canned), breads, coffee, and juices the first morning. The second morning was the same, except no fruit and missing coffee urns. They finally re-appeared after 15 minutes. The hotel also provided a free dinner Tuesday through Thursday, but I never attended. It looked pretty decent though…burgers, spaghetti, BBQ chicken pizza, etc. A nice perk if you use it.
Overall, I thought it was a nice hotel, but nothing was outstanding to me. I guess the free dinner and free laundry room are nice perks if you use them. I’ve stayed at the Hampton and Courtyard in the same area and they are all about equal, but each has their own perks. Price or Priceline will lead me on future visits to the Brownsville area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Our family at the Staybridge Suites Brownsville would like to thank you for your most recent visit and appreciates you choosing Staybridge for your traveling needs this time around. We most definitely appreciate your feedback as it is a great source for us know which areas we can improve in. We really hope you choose the Staybridge Suites for your next visit to the Brownsville area. Once again thank you for your kind words and feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed at this location last week for business purposes. I have stayed here once before in March. I remember being very impressed, but this time I was confused and unhappy with the housekeeping. Located on the door frame inside the room were 2 magnets. One said, "do not disturb" and the other said, "later please." I assumed since there were 2 magnets, each would yield different results, however, I was wrong. On Monday I placed the "do not disturb" magnet in the door and housekeeping left a note on my door advising they had not cleaned my room because I had placed the "do not disturb" sign on my door. I was totally fine with this and what transpired was exactly what I'd expected. On Tuesday I placed the "later please" sign on my door. I thought "later please" meant that housekeeping would bypass my room early and cons back later. I left my room at 9:30 am and saw the housekeeper down the hall. I thought she would keep my room later, however, when I returned, there was another note on the door indicating my room was not cleaned due to a "do not disturb" sign being placed. This was definitely not the case. It wasn't a huge deal because I could just call the front desk to get towels, but it's just annoying. Why have 2 different signs if both yield the same results?? Overall, Staybridge is a nice hotel. It is new. It is clean. The rooms ate large. There is a full size refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher!! The tv has all the channels I love and the hotel location is excellent.

• Stayed July 2012
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites in Brownsville for your traveling needs. We appreciate all of our guest and strive to go above and beyond to make every stay a memorable one. However in this case we seemed to have let you down due to lack of attention, thoroughness, and attentiveness and for this we apoligize. We hope you continue to use our brand and we will make sure to make your next visit to our hotel a much more enjoyable one.
Brownscille, TX
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed in king suite with kitchenette. Very nice, clean room and accomodating staff. Breakfast better than many continental offered at chain hotels. Pleasant enviroment close to shopping malls and Interstate.

Room Tip: Liked the 2 room suite with king bed and kitchenette.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank marilynsart
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
We thank you very much for choosing the Staybridge Suites of Brownsville and are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We sincerly hope you choose us once again the next time you are down in the area.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Our stay in Staybridge Suites Brownsville on July 13-14 was very satisfying. The location of the hotel is great in that it is very near to Hwy 77, yet not too close so as to be affected by the noise and traffic. Upon our arrival, the front desk was polite and professional, quickly verifying our reservation and assigning a room. The room was a queen studio suite with kitchen area (fridge, sink, cooking ware, utensils, microwave, etc.). The queen bed was supplemented by a sleeper-sofa. Good TV with plenty of cable stations. We were fortunate in that the night was quiet (you never know with hotel residents). The breakfast was good except that I'm not fond of the scrambled eggs (I think they're powdered). The rest of the food and drinks were good and plentiful. One suggestion to hotel management: provide more tables and chairs for breakfast - there aren't nearly enough. All things considered, Excellent !

Room Tip: Try to get the top (4th Floor), because I was told that you can hear stompers on the ceiling.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeBe_Bon
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
We thank you so very much for the kind words and for choosing the Staybridge Suites in Brownsville. We are glad that you had an excellent stay and that we were able to accommodate your traveling needs. We also appreciate the feedback so that we can better accommodate in the future. Our summer weekends do tend to get a little more full than usual and therefore our breakfast area is very packed. I anticipate the next time you visit there will be adequate seating in that area. We look foward to your next visit!
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I spent 2 weeks here while I was there working. Staff is very friendly and help in any way. They had no problems with all of having little cooks outs out back by the pool. Rooms are nice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank titanman24
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
We thank you very much for your kind words and glad that you had an enjoyable stay. We definitely thrive on trying to make our guest feel as if they were staying at a home away from home! We look foward to seeing you on your next visit to Brownsville!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a very nice place to stay if you are traveling to Brownsville or South Padre Island this is the place to stay ,My room was like a 1 bedroom apartmeant along with all the amenities loved it .Had an on site guest laundry that had plenty of washers and dryers and it was very clean and Free...The work out room was also very nice good equiptmeant. The only draw back is it will take you a minute or two to find this place but once you do you will not regret it.It is behind a strip mall however that is a good thing lots of places to shop and eat whatever you want is only a stones throw away.It was 89 degrees here and the airconditioning in the room worked GREAT.(almost to good)This is defiantly the place I'm going to stay when I come back for work the staff was very helpful and friendly like home away from home... The free breakfast here is a plus very good the hot food is hot and the cold food is cold lots of choices to choose from.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor that faced the front very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
We here at the Staybridge Suites are humbled by your kind words and very much greatful that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. All of the staff works diligently in their designated departments to maintain a high upkeep in our property which we take much pride in. Once again we thank you very much for taking time to compliment our property and look foward to seeing you on your next trip down.
Amsterdam, New York
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have traveled to Brownsville for years and have always liked the Staybridge. Great staff and comfortable rooms. I highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
wtijerina, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
We appreciate your loyalty and kind words! We look foward to seeing you on your next visit to Brownsville.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Pearl South Padre
Pearl South Padre
#6 of 32 in South Padre Island
Courtyard Brownsville
Courtyard Brownsville
#8 of 25 in Brownsville
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Is...
#3 of 32 in South Padre Island
Residence Inn Brownsville
Residence Inn Brownsville
#4 of 25 in Brownsville
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padre Island
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padr...
#8 of 32 in South Padre Island

Been to Staybridge Suites Brownsville? Share your experiences!