“Great business destination in the middle of all the shopping”

Staybridge Suites Brownsville
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Brownsville
Romeo, Michigan
“Great business destination in the middle of all the shopping”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Even though Staybridge is right in the heart of the mall and all the restaurants, it is very quiet, cllean, and comfortable place. I used to stay at the Residence or Courtyard, but for $30 more and right on the expressway , it was very noisy and there was nowhere I could walk to. When staying at the Staybridge, it is very easy to walk to all your favorite stores/restaurants so I don't need a rental car. Plus the shuttle service from the airport is very responsive, rooms are huge and beds are comfortable, the breakfast is predictable but good, and they staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. Shiner Bock and Bud Light were on draft this week, so I was satisfied with the free drink after a long day at work. Fitness center, laundry, and pool/hot tub are well appointed and well maintained. A+ here

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites, so which one is not a big factor
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank InspireMI
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
We thank you for the kind words and are happy that we were able to accommodate all of your traveling needs! We look foward to your next visit to the city of Brownsville!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This was my second stay at the Brownsville Staybridge. I had a couple of issues this time at check-in, but the exceptionally friendly staff handled my concerns immediately. The entire staff at this hotel is to be commended. Every employee I encountered at this hotel had a smile on their face. Joel, who attended to both the breakfast and evening reception, went above and beyond to make sure guests were happy and well-cared for. I was very impressed.

The food for the breakfast and evening receptions was plentiful, fresh, and quite good. My room was clean, spacious and relatively quiet. Internet was fast and consistent, and the TV had lots of channel-surfing options.

This Staybridge is right next to a large shopping mall. My GPS took me to an address on the “main” road, but the hotel is almost hidden and sits back from the road far enough to avoid noise and traffic. You’ll most likely miss the street the first time like I did and end up in the adjoining parking lot. There is a Staybridge sign at the turn, but at first glance it seems to be on the wrong side of a divided road. Never fear, though…when you miss it you can just cut through the parking lot because the back of the parking lot connects to the road that takes you to the hotel.

There’s a multitude of restaurants very close by, several within walking distance if you don’t mind a little stroll. We had dinner one night down the road at Mi Pueblita, with excellent, definitely not your ordinary Tex-Mex cuisine.

I can recommend this hotel without hesitation, and will absolutely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank AnotherNiteOnTheRoad
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
We here at the Staybridge Suites would like to thank you very much for the kind words! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look foward to your next visit!
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Spent the night at Staybridge sweets one night this summer as the island was booked... Wally Tijerina and his staff were quick to accommodate us.... It was simple to check in and get to our rooms after a long day of dealing with clients in the area and on South Padre Island... Thank you for the great service and hospitality...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank artvark007
Thank you very much for the kind words and we look foward to your next visit!
Lorton, Virginia
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Big room with a full kitchen. Nice tv, plenty of plugs for the electrics, free workign wi-fi that was easily accessed. Free breakfast, while not gourmet, better than what you usually get. My only complaint is that you have to walk a distance to get to an ATM at the mall. Best to rent a car if you're going to stay here. The hotel gave me a ride to the airport at the end of my stay, a nice courtesy. All in all, a good deal, you'd pay a lot more for the same amenities in a pricier market. As noted by others, it's located in suburban retail dystopia, plenty of chain restaurants, Best Buy, etc.

Cosmopolitans probably wouldn't enjoy Brownsville, but I had a good time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank throckmortonSanaa
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
We here at the Staybridge Suites Brownsville appreciate your kind words and are estatic that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We look foward to booking your next reservation for your next trip down to Brownsville, Tx.
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Couldn't find it at first. Not right off the highway so it wasn't easy to spot. But the hotel was very nice. The room was clean and I was able to sleep very comforable. I am very picky about where I sleep when it comes to hotels. The things that I look for in a hotel room is how clean is the carpet, how clean is the bathroom and is the bed linen acceptable. All were.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Ob33
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
The family at Staybridge Suites Browsville is very happy that your stay was an enjoyable one! Cleanliness is definitely an issue for any traveler so we definitely do not take that part of the job lightly! We appreciate you choosing Staybridge Suites and look forward to your next visit.
Philadelphia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed here for two nights in July. The hotel was a little hard to find. It is located at the back-end of a retail area, so you need to take many side streets to arrive at the location. Thankfully, their sign is super tall, so you can figure it out.
The hotel itself was nice and seemed either new or newly remodeled. My room was a standard suite format with a flatscreen TV, fridge, microwave, and cook-top. It was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. There was a decent fitness center on the first floor with a universal machine and cardio equipment…all in good condition.
Breakfast was free, but was a little hit or miss. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fruit (mostly canned), breads, coffee, and juices the first morning. The second morning was the same, except no fruit and missing coffee urns. They finally re-appeared after 15 minutes. The hotel also provided a free dinner Tuesday through Thursday, but I never attended. It looked pretty decent though…burgers, spaghetti, BBQ chicken pizza, etc. A nice perk if you use it.
Overall, I thought it was a nice hotel, but nothing was outstanding to me. I guess the free dinner and free laundry room are nice perks if you use them. I’ve stayed at the Hampton and Courtyard in the same area and they are all about equal, but each has their own perks. Price or Priceline will lead me on future visits to the Brownsville area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Our family at the Staybridge Suites Brownsville would like to thank you for your most recent visit and appreciates you choosing Staybridge for your traveling needs this time around. We most definitely appreciate your feedback as it is a great source for us know which areas we can improve in. We really hope you choose the Staybridge Suites for your next visit to the Brownsville area. Once again thank you for your kind words and feedback.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed at this location last week for business purposes. I have stayed here once before in March. I remember being very impressed, but this time I was confused and unhappy with the housekeeping. Located on the door frame inside the room were 2 magnets. One said, "do not disturb" and the other said, "later please." I assumed since there were 2 magnets, each would yield different results, however, I was wrong. On Monday I placed the "do not disturb" magnet in the door and housekeeping left a note on my door advising they had not cleaned my room because I had placed the "do not disturb" sign on my door. I was totally fine with this and what transpired was exactly what I'd expected. On Tuesday I placed the "later please" sign on my door. I thought "later please" meant that housekeeping would bypass my room early and cons back later. I left my room at 9:30 am and saw the housekeeper down the hall. I thought she would keep my room later, however, when I returned, there was another note on the door indicating my room was not cleaned due to a "do not disturb" sign being placed. This was definitely not the case. It wasn't a huge deal because I could just call the front desk to get towels, but it's just annoying. Why have 2 different signs if both yield the same results?? Overall, Staybridge is a nice hotel. It is new. It is clean. The rooms ate large. There is a full size refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher!! The tv has all the channels I love and the hotel location is excellent.

• Stayed July 2012
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites in Brownsville for your traveling needs. We appreciate all of our guest and strive to go above and beyond to make every stay a memorable one. However in this case we seemed to have let you down due to lack of attention, thoroughness, and attentiveness and for this we apoligize. We hope you continue to use our brand and we will make sure to make your next visit to our hotel a much more enjoyable one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Pearl South Padre
Pearl South Padre
#6 of 32 in South Padre Island
Courtyard Brownsville
Courtyard Brownsville
#7 of 25 in Brownsville
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Is...
#1 of 32 in South Padre Island
Residence Inn Brownsville
Residence Inn Brownsville
#4 of 25 in Brownsville
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Pad...
#2 of 32 in South Padre Island

Been to Staybridge Suites Brownsville? Share your experiences!