“Amazing Stay”

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Brownsville
Rio Grande City, Texas
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel was wonderful! The gazebo by the pool with BBQ grills and basketball court were great for families as mine. My son could play basketball while my daughter swam and we made dinner. The room was spectacular, very cozy and fully equipped with more than I could have asked for. Service here was amazing. I requested a broom (my daughter broke a glass in the room)and they had it to me in 5 minutes. The breakfast was delicious! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone with or without families and whether it's a quick one night stay or extended. I wish we could have stayed longer

• Stayed May 2014
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review you left us, our team here greatly appreciates it. The backyard can definitely be fun and entertaining with a little for everyone to do, and of course with our South Texas heat being by the pool is definitely needed. Thank you for choosing us and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We had 20 team members stay the week and everyone enjoyed the rooms and breakfasts.The staff helped us stay organized and were available when called. I thought the rooms were very clean and had plenty of time to enjoy the kitchenette.

Room Tip: Actually, the breakfasts start earlier than the posted times. Try the waffles. they were great!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JMichael1685
We are very happy that your group had a great stay. When traveling for leisure or business we like to make sure that you feel as if you were in your own home. We definitely understand that cleanliness is deal breaker so we strive to be consistent in our cleaning process daily. Thank you for choosing The Staybridge Suites of Brownsville.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I've traveled dozens or about a hundreds of times and almost a half of million miles, stayed at sooo many different hotels and I have to say my stay at Staybridge Suites in Brownsville Texas was definitely in my top 2! The service there is exceptional, the staff pays close attention to the most minute details. They are on top of it. The General Manager there has done a great job at getting his staff to accommodate everyone so well. I'll definitely be staying here again, no ifs, ands or buts! Period! Dot!
Thank you so much for making my stay there so memorable!

Room Tip: ALL rooms are cozy!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We are greatly appreciative of such a wonderful comment. We thank you for choosing The Staybridge Suites of Brownsville and are looking forward to your next visit.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I recommend this place as the location is good, you can go walking to some restaurants and stores. The staff is very helpful and kind. I enjoyed the evening snacks and the enviroment is good. The WiFi had some limitations, there were places in my room without service but it was not a big problem. I think is a good relation price-value and I will be back for next trip for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
When traveling we know that you have many options to choose from, we are very happy and thankful that you chose the Staybridge Suites of Brownsville. We definitely understand how important it is to stay connected and we apologize for the WiFi limitations. We will definitely look into it and make the proper adjustments needed. Once again we thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites and look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed in king suite. My two small children (5&6) slept on the sofa bed. We chose this hotel for several reasons. 1) it was pet friendly 2) it had a pool 3) free hot breakfast. I called several times before arriving to ask questions & every time each employee was as kind as the next! In my opinion this hotel has by far the best employees. Their customer service was perfect! Not only the front desk, our housekeeper was beyond wonderful. Very friendly & kind! The only thing I can even slightly complain about was the comfort of our bed. After the third night my back did start to hurt but I believe that can be expected anytime someone stays away from home. The breakfast was great too, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, ham bagles, white & wheat toast, oatmeal, &cereal!! Yumm then endless milk/oj/ apple juice. I love the free Laundry room also! &it's atoms a lot of food places but not a busy hwy! Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We here at the Staybridge Suites of Brownsville can not thank you enough for this wonderful comment! We are extremely happy that your family, your pet, and yourself enjoyed your stay here with us! We are humbled and thankful for choosing us and can not wait for your next visit!
Winona, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We just completed a six night stay at this property and were pleasantly surprised at every turn. We were in town to visit relatives, and the hotel was so comfortable we ended up spending most of our time in our room and the common spaces. The property is clean and neat in all respects, but the standout feature was the staff.
Wally, the desk manager, and many other members of the staff went above and beyond on several occasions to help us feel at home.
I work online, so I always notice the speed of the internet. The service here was fast the reliable.
Our suite was immaculately clean. However, what really stood out was the overwhelming curtsy of the housekeeping staff. We had someone check on if we needed extra supplies over the weekend, which is not typical of Staybridge properties. In addition, as we walked through the halls, the housekeeping staff would great us with genuine warmth. I have stayed in many hotels, but I think this is the first time I have ever experienced this level of quality interaction with housekeeping. It truly does make you feel at home.
The food service was a cut above as well. Breakfast included at least two hot choices as well as oatmeal with lots of toppings, a range of cereals, juices, yogurt, and fruit. Food was kept hot and the supply was replenished throughout the service hours. The evening social hour was the first I have ever attended that actually felt social. This was due in large part to Joe, the host. The food, again, was very good, and my husband said the beer was outstanding. Joe welcomed guests as we entered, got to know people's names, prepared our drinks in frosty glasses, and waited on everyone as if we were honored guests in his home. This created an environment where guests lingered and enjoyed a truly relaxing social.
We used the backyard grills on several occasions, and the space was so inviting. Even on hot days, the evenings by the grill were delightful. On one occasion, the grill ran out of gas, and even though this is a free service, the hotel staff sent someone (I think his name was Mike) out to get us a new gas cylinder so we could finish grilling our meal. This was way beyond the call of duty, and we truly appreciated it!
When we had a minor maintenance issue, the hotel sent up Mike to help right away. While Mike was working on the problem, my husband mentioned that our daughter was very congested. I think it was a change in the weather, but Mike offered to check the furnace and got us a new filter. The next day, when we were out, the staff returned and vacuumed out the air conditioner coil to make sure that the air was a clean as it could be during our stay. Even though the outdoors still bothered her breathing, we had a haven in our room thanks to the extraordinary efforts of this hotel's staff.
I have stayed in several Brownsville and Harlingen area hotels in the last few years visiting my sister, and this one is in a class by itself. If you are in the Lower Valley, this is by far your best bet. The value is outstanding, but it feels like home in a way that hotels rarely do. I know I will be back, and perhaps I will see you at the evening social. :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DocAnne1
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
All I can say is WOW! I am speechless and yet so very excited with our teams performance! Our team here has been trained and built to try everything possible to make sure we go above and beyond for each and every guest that comes and visits our home. This is such a wonderful review and we owe it all to our team for making your stay a very much memorable one! We know as a traveler you have many options to choose from for accommodation needs and we are very glad that you chose the Staybridge Suites of Brownsville. It's comments and reviews like this one that allows us to celebrate service and recognize the great job that this team has done on this occasion. We thank you for your review and hope you come and visit us once again!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 18 August 2013

great value at government rate of $86+tax; free breakfast everyday; free dinner snacks tue-thrs; clean; very courteous and helpful staff; joel is tops; free shuttle from airport and surrounding area to restaurants, etc. close to mall with lots of shops and restaurants. stay on top floor on east side for quieter room. great air conditioning; window unit has normal noise. nice tv channel selection. k-mart, many restaurants within walking distance; HEB within driving distance

Room Tip: stay on top floor facing east for quieter room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PULAOKHAO
2900StaybridgeSuites, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites and thank you very much for the kind words. We definitely see our fair share of government travelers making their ways into the Brownsville area and knowing that you are away from home on business, we love trying to make it feel as homey as possible. Joel is our Ace and knows how just to get your mind off the rough day you may have had. Social hour is a great time to unwind and recharge yourself for the next day that's to come. We appreciate all of your feedback and look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Pearl South Padre
Pearl South Padre
#7 of 32 in South Padre Island
Courtyard Brownsville
Courtyard Brownsville
#7 of 26 in Brownsville
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Is...
#3 of 32 in South Padre Island
Residence Inn Brownsville
Residence Inn Brownsville
#4 of 26 in Brownsville
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padre Island
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padr...
#8 of 32 in South Padre Island

Been to Staybridge Suites Brownsville? Share your experiences!