“Nice Courtyard” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Brownsville
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice Courtyard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

All the usual Courtyard amenities, with an attentive staff.

I received a voucher for a free breakfast when I checked in, but I was never charged the mornings I ate downstairs.

The food I saw being served for dinner while having a drink looked like just your average bar fare, although the salsa with the happy hour snacks was excellent and made fresh. Unless your'e dead tired, it's worth it to head out to one of the nearby local restaurants for dinner. Unfortunately, none are within walking distance. There is a gas grill available for guest use on the patio by the pool.

For some reason the pool was closed, though it looked fine.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
THOMAS P, Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear rtj17

Thank You for staying at Courtyard Marriott during your business travel to Brownsville, I understand you have a choice in hotels and I am glad you chose us for your lodging needs.
Thank for taking the time to review our hotel, every guest’s comments help us to improve our quality of service. I am glad to know that you found our staff to be attentive and that you enjoyed our homemade salsa during happy hour.
Our hotel is centrally located on the north side of Brownsville across the main expressway from several great restaurants and shopping centers and we do provide a complimentary shuttle to these locations.
I do regret that you did not have the opportunity to use our pool during your stay. We had it closed for preventive maintenance to ensure the quality and standards of the pool. I thank you for your patience with this matter and I hope that you visit us again when in Brownsville, Texas.

Best Regards,

Thomas P.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bolivar, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

The courtyard in Brownsville is located across the interstate fromthe Sunrise Mall. THay are central to almost everything and 15 minutes from the airport. They provide a shuttle to the airport and as I understand it to virtually anywhere in Brownsville you need to go. This is a great service for family members staying at the hotel while their wife / husband is working. The restaurant on premises is quite good, and there are usually free appetizers in the bar at happy hour. All in all this property has covered all the major concerns of the business traveller. Nothing bad to say about this place. You can book here with confidence.

Room Tip: Rm 218 overlooks the pool with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stay in Marriott's all the time and this one had to be the worst one I have ever stayed at. I had a cold shower each morning, the toilet leaked and ran all day and night. The lobby is in desperate need of repair. I was there on business. I expected the same quality as all of the other Marriott's I have stayed in. Most certainly did not live up to Marriott's name.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank live4vacaNj
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is one of the best hotels i have stayed in at Brownsville. Helpful friendly helpful staff, clean, warm room, good location and good car parking. I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Plano, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Good standard Marriott courtyard with daily manager specials, full breakfast etc. Rooms are well appointed and the hotel has been maintained to a high standard. Small pool and hottub overlooked by the rooms near the elevator on the even numbers. These rooms also have small patios. No issues with this hotel - would stay again on business.

• Stayed February 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

The bed is horrible – one of the most uncomfortable hotel beds I’ve been on. That said, the complimentary breakfast buffet that came with the room was delicious and the service was great. The buffet included eggs, waffles, oatmeal, juice and much more. It was a great pre-gym breakfast and when we found out that not only the buffet was complimentary, but so was access to Gold’s gym across the highway, I completely forgot about the bed. You have to plan on doing a workout at Gold’s – the cardio cinema provided a fun way to do cardio while watching a movie and there are plenty of free weights so you don’t end up waiting for others to finish before you can use them. After a great work-out, we went back to the hotel and looked around the property. There is actually a very comfortable living room area off the lobby and a workspace with computers adjacent to a peaceful covered patio overlooking the pool and hot tub. I appreciated that our room floorplan didn't allow you to see the bed from the door and I didn't have any issues with noise. Knowing there are relaxing public spaces, a sunny pool, free access to Gold’s and a delicious complimentary breakfast buffet in addition to a clean room, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again with or without the unfortunate mattress.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patrickstpaul
Forestville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I was under the impression that Marriott properties would be a little nicer than this. The building and fixtures were fine in appearance, but a lot was lacking. Both of our queen beds had cheap and very thin mattresses. One had an extremely pronounced "divot" showing an extreme amount of wear. We both had sore backs after sleeping on these.
Near the gym/laundry/pool area, there was a strong gas smell; glad our rooms were on the other end.
The food available was fine and convenient, and the staff was friendly enough. There were computers and a printer available in the lounge/bar area, which was convenient.
I will not stay here if I return to the area.

Room Tip: Opposite end of building from laundry and workout room
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownsville
Staybridge Suites Brownsville
Staybridge Suites Brownsville
#6 of 25 in Brownsville
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Is...
#1 of 32 in South Padre Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,396 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Pearl South Padre
Pearl South Padre
#9 of 32 in South Padre Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,502 reviews
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padre Island
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padr...
#7 of 32 in South Padre Island
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Pad...
#2 of 32 in South Padre Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,209 reviews

Been to Courtyard Brownsville? Share your experiences!