The concept is nice - stay a full week for a low price. BUT beware of extra charges. I was charged a $30 penalty because I got blood on 3 towels (Cut shaving) . When questioned about it, the manager said that was the company policy - a cleaning charge. I advised it was the first I had heard about it. I was told that I signed a paper agreeing to this at check in. I was not given a copy of the "agreement" by the way. And, I specifically asked the manager at check-in what the deposit was for. He only said it was to make sure no one stole the remotes. Change of linen after one week is extra $7.50. No coffee machines, but you can buy one in the office for $30. And then there was the noise which the management permitted until someone, usually me, complained. e.g. people slamming doors in the hallway, yelling in the hallways at 3 AM, heavy metal music in the parking lot at 11PM along with skateboarding, allowing beer drinking in parking lot by residents, and loud parties in rooms into the late hours of the morning. In addition, there is a $45 penalty if you do not notify the front desk of your departure at least 24 hours before leaving. I called the corporate office to complain about the $30 towel penalty, but I have not gotten a call back. (3 days). Also, their website's e-mail does not work, and if one calls the corporate office, one gets a recorded message and a request to leave an voice-mail. This from a company the alleges outstanding customer service on its website. I do not recommed staying here at any price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Value Place is a much better place Before you decide to stay at Value Place, we want you to be prepared—prepared for a better guest experience. What that means to us is a truly affordable, incredibly clean, safer, simple, flexible experience. And this is more than just a nice idea—it’s the Value Place promise. So how do we do it? By combining all the convenience of a hotel and all the essentials of an apartment. We’re a hybrid—and that makes us better than a hotel, an apartment or any other short-term or long-term housing accommodations you’ll find. Think about it—no extras padded into our price, no hidden fees. No lease to sign, no utilities to set up. And that’s just for starters. Find out how we’re different and what to expect when you’re here. What to expect when you arrive After a brief room tour, you’ll register, pay for the week plus a refundable $100 deposit, and agree to our house rules—which basically come down to common-sense policies that protect the privacy and security of each and every guest. Value Place is a family-friendly place, and children 17 and under stay free. To maintain a consistent guest experience at all of our properties we do have a No Pet Policy, except for service animals. Then we’ll show you to your guest room. It’s that easy. What to expect in your room Although Value Place offers several room choices, the essential features stay the same. You can always count on a simple but fully furnished studio with a kitchen that includes a full size refrigerator and freezer, a microwave, a two-burner stovetop and plenty of cabinet space. You’ll also find two drinking cups, a trash bag, a roll of bathroom tissue and a bar of soap to get you started—because at Value Place, we figure you’d rather shop on your own terms than pay for extras you may not need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Value Place Brownsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Value Place Brownsville Hotel Brownsville
- Value Place Brownsville Texas