Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Clean”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Driving from Pa to Fla, we stopped for an overnight break. Hotel was clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was decent. Nothing spectacular, but it was a place to rest. The guy who was in charge of breakfast area was a little creepy, watching over everybody and yelling at kids, but rest of the staff seemed nice.

• Stayed March 2014
cx_peva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for your response and hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
new jersey
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed overnight on a trip back home. I checked in late and the staff was great and friendly. The beds were big and comfortable. The room was spotless. The morning breakfast was awesome. Anything you could think of they had available. Wish I had more time to stay there!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
cx_peva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
We are glad to hear you had a good stay. Look foward to the next time your in the area.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I would love to give this hotel 5 stars but we all had such a bad sleep as the aircon sounded like a plane coming into land! We were so tired after a very long journey so it ruined a much needed rest. It's a shame as all in all it was a very nice place with a reasonable breakfast and a relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: Check the aircon noise before you unpack!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

This is one of the better hotels we've stayed in on our FL road trip. The staff was great & accommodating - room was huge & clean - same for the bathroom. Location was ok as we were just passing through & needed a place to crash. I'm a stickler for the 'at home' feel when I travel & this was pretty close.

• Stayed December 2013
cx_peva, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
We are pleased to see you had good stay and look forward to your next. Thank you
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 November 2013

my boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 days and it was a very comfortable and pleasant stay. The breakfast was good..the people were so nice and it was in a very good location close to restaurants and shopping centers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Vestal
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were tired & decided to find a hotel close to I95 easy to find. Front desk staff was very nice although while checking me in she took a phone call & instead of putting them on hold she left me standing there while she answered several questions & which kept me waiting longer than I should have. The room was nice clean but the bathroom needs some repair some of the wall paper was peeling off. Breakfast buffet was good they even had glasses & glass plates which was great! I hate eating on paper plates! Over all good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Petersburg, VA
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Not sure how this place was given a 2.5 star rating, it is NOT a 2.5 hotel. I came on Labor Day weekend so I expected it to be busy, but you would also expect the hotel to prepare for that. There was a family reunion taking place and ONE person working both the front desk and the kitchen/dining area. ONE person on Labor Day weekend. She was never at the desk, you had to go find her in the dining room area. A very nice young lady, but she needed help.

I was given a handicapped room at first and asked to be changed. The second room I was given was just as weird. It was huge with a lot of empty space, very little furniture. Very dim! The few lights (one blown in the lamp) did not light the room well at all, it was like a dungeon. Beyond this, the room had a dank smell that it seems someone tried to cover up with a perfumed spray. The air was tight and it was hard to breathe. I sooo wanted to leave but couldn't because I knew I wouldn't be refunded. It was awful, simply awful. I am someone used to staying in 3 star or higher hotels and expected this one to be at least somewhere in that vicinity. It wasn't at all. I may have come out better saving a few dollars and staying at a Days Inn or something. At least I might have been able to breathe.

My advice, spend the money you would have spent here and find a hotel more worthy of your dollars. You WILL be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
cx_peva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights
The Ragland Mansion B&B and Events

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg? Share your experiences!