“Second night on drive to FL. Why did I stay here again?”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Largo, Florida
“Second night on drive to FL. Why did I stay here again?”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I've stayed here twice before and while it wasn't that good, it wasn't that bad either. I don't know what happened but it is very bad now. I requested the same room I've stayed in before but it wasn't available so I had one a few doors down. The lady who checked me in was very nice but it took 2 tries to get keycard to work. I noticed the room wasn't very clean, the floor needed vacuuming. Unlike other reviewers I didn't notice any odors and the bed was clean. The towels were stained but smelled ok. I was very disappointed that the bed didn't have a solid base under it which meant I was going to have trouble in the morning with my cat hiding under the bed. That was one of the reasons I requested a room I knew. It had a base that had a little space that of course my cat found. I had to get housekeeping to lift the mattress so I could get him. The second time I covered the space-problem solved. I honestly don't remember if the furniture was dusty or not. The bed was comfortable enough. The shower sprayed water all over the bathroom which I discovered when my towel and clothes were all wet. When I checked out I mentioned the bathroom issue and the clerk wrote it on a list that had at least 10 other problems listed. I asked for a receipt and was told I should have gotten one when I checked in (I didn't) It took him about 5 minutes or more trying to get it. Finally someone else came in and hit like 2 buttons and printed it. And yes my cat hid under the bed. Fortunately I could reach him myself and while it was dusty I didn't see anything else under there. I don't expect much from motels that are inexpensive and take pets, but this place was worse than expected. I will be finding a different place to stay when I drive back to Maine next spring.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed for one night only. The first thing we noticed on arrival was that the pictures on the wall in reception where all crooked - not very promising. On arrival we were given room keys that did not work. Eventually a member of staff let us into another room which was on the upper floor. This room looked clean at first glance but the passageway outside was filthy it had not been vacuumed and there was an old band aid on the floor. We asked them to clean it and after it had been cleaned they still had left the tiled area at each end of the passageway covered in dirt and badly needing a mop and water. The ceiling had tiles hanging off and the whole of the outside area looked dirty and in need of maintenance.

The room was smelly and the furniture was dusty and needed a good polish. The beds had sheets on and an old bedspread both of which were ripped and had seen better days, did not look like they had been washed in a long time it did not look very inviting. The bedding was clean but very old and thin as where the towels in the bathroom. The toilet was filthy and badly needed bleach and disenfectant. The interenet connection which was part of the package did not work in the room and neither did the telephone. The ceiling of the room had a big stain on it where rain or damp had got in.

The hotel barely provided what if offerred and in some cases failed badly.

One good thing was that there was plenty of hot water. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor will we be staying another Howard Johnson Inn as long as we live.

Room Tip: Just dont go there
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynnedgar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Quality Inn
Gateway Inn
Gateway Inn
#9 of 18 in Petersburg
Candlewood Suites Colonial Heights
Candlewood Suites Colonial Heigh...
#6 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn

Property: Rodeway Inn
Address: 12205 S Crater Rd, Petersburg, VA 23805-7442 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg)
Region: United States > Virginia > Petersburg
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Rodeway Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg Hotel Petersburg