Rodeway Inn
US$51
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I've stayed here twice before and while it wasn't that good, it wasn't that bad either. I don't know what happened but it is very bad now. I requested the same room I've stayed in before but it wasn't available so I had one a few doors down. The lady who checked me in was very nice but it took 2 tries to get keycard to work. I noticed the room wasn't very clean, the floor needed vacuuming. Unlike other reviewers I didn't notice any odors and the bed was clean. The towels were stained but smelled ok. I was very disappointed that the bed didn't have a solid base under it which meant I was going to have trouble in the morning with my cat hiding under the bed. That was one of the reasons I requested a room I knew. It had a base that had a little space that of course my cat found. I had to get housekeeping to lift the mattress so I could get him. The second time I covered the space-problem solved. I honestly don't remember if the furniture was dusty or not. The bed was comfortable enough. The shower sprayed water all over the bathroom which I discovered when my towel and clothes were all wet. When I checked out I mentioned the bathroom issue and the clerk wrote it on a list that had at least 10 other problems listed. I asked for a receipt and was told I should have gotten one when I checked in (I didn't) It took him about 5 minutes or more trying to get it. Finally someone else came in and hit like 2 buttons and printed it. And yes my cat hid under the bed. Fortunately I could reach him myself and while it was dusty I didn't see anything else under there. I don't expect much from motels that are inexpensive and take pets, but this place was worse than expected. I will be finding a different place to stay when I drive back to Maine next spring.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo