“Quick Stop for our Trip”

Comfort Inn Petersburg
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
“Quick Stop for our Trip”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Staff @ Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Morning crew not as friendly. Hotel was clean and breakfast was good. It was right off the highway very good location to find. We just made a quick stop for the night before continuing the rest of our vacation. The tv was a flat screen and was a good size. Beds and pillows comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank debborey57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
florida
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed here because they took dogs. Normally, I pre-book and am very selective 4-5 star but we figured we would wing it since we were on the road and none of the hotels in the area seemed that special. Dog friendly and good hotel did not seem to be an option. My daughter who doesn't know much about selecting a hotel spent several hours on her I-phone looking up motels. She suggested this exit because one of the other motels had a good review from a dog owner. When we drove up to the first motel, we decided that it wouldn't work so we looked across the street to see what else might be available. From first impression, the Comfort Inn seemed better then the other dog friendly hotels on the exit; however,our choice for the night turned out to be not very appealing. The receptionist reminded me of a robot reading a script. He did put us at the end of a hallway which was a plus since it had a separate door and we had the dog crate to bring in along with our luggage. Bringfido.com said that the dog fee would be $10 but it turned out to be $25 which was a huge charge for the motel's quality. My fido is a princess and this was not a palace. However, the beds were comfortable and the TV was a nice large screen. If not for the smell, I think for the price that I would have been happy after a long day of driving. I am pretty sure that at one time this room permitted smokers and that the carpet had absorbed the smell which had been chemically refreshed with some sort of other smell that resulted in an overpoweringly bad odor. The saving grace is the Lighthouse Restaurant across the street. I was expecting another fiasco but the food was simple but excellent. My daughter ordered crab legs which I secretly expected would be a disaster but she was served a HUGE portion of delectable sweet crab that was exceedingly well priced. I had a t-bone that was very good (not excellent). The waitress was charming and made up for the room across the street. I would return to this exit without my dog and stay at the Holiday Inn Express just for the crab. Breakfast is included but dreadful. A circle for eggs, some very poor quality sausage, terrible coffee, and nothing else I would eat. I hate plastic forks and styrofoam plates. Skip this unless you are really hungry or have to get somewhere fast.

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure to go across the street to the Lighthouse Restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank triptidbits
Pine Ridge, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stopped after a11 hour trip from Florida up to our way to NJ. I am a member of their rewards program so I had made a reservation. We were traveling with our small dog. The facility was going under a major re- fixing which they did not say on web site. But the room was OK and the breakfast was just ok. Room was quiet and just OK, have had better at Comfort Inns. Sty was Ok and we left early the next day. Also they Charged $25.00 for our dog room not worth the extra say at better place and they charge about 10. We stayed at a very nice La Qunita coming back and they did not charge us and it was much better facility.

Room Tip: Do not Stop with a Pet
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shadow2012
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Pleasant last minute overnight stay. Clean and comfortable with good shower. They are in the process of renovating, so I was impressed with the cleanliness. Big flat screen tv. Don't forget to add that 12% tax onto the rate given. Light breakfast available too. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Mare187
Miami
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Should you want to travel to historic places in Virginia(specially eastern Virginia)and avoid high prices and traffic congestion around Washington,D.C. Comfort Inn Petersburg,south of Richmond,is a very nice,well kept motel and has very resonable rates.It's right by an exit/entrance of I-95 and there are nice eateries,several gas stations and other motels nearby.Staff was extremely nice and helpful,beds and pillows cozy and comfortable,nice,ample and delicious breakfast.Very clean facility.I thought it was a very pleasant experience on my way from New Jersey to Florida!

Room Tip: You'll get a discount if you have AAA,AARP,Military,etc...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stopped here on way to Florida from New York. It's about the half way point. The hotel was clean and beds very comfortable. Got a good night's sleep and woke up refreshed and ready to go. Free breakfast and coffee was nice. Staff were friendly and helpful. Will stay again on next trip down south.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 April 2013

In addition to a good night's sleep in a clean, comfortable room, the staff at this Comfort Inn went "above and beyond" in helping us in every way they could. From the pleasant check-in to helping send us something that we had left behind by personally packing and dropping it off at UPS for overnight delivery, I was so impressed and grateful. We definitely plan to stay here again. Many thanks, Brent and Deepak!! They were just great!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family