All reviews hot breakfast was great place to stay room was clean would highly recommend this hotel easy access pit stop stayed one night staff was friendly florida channels pa tax gas accommodations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our group stayed here overnight on May 25,2014. Apparently they do not have a cleaning staff or maintenance people. There was mildew in the tub, the water faucet in the sink would not turn off,the room had not been dusted in a long time and the floor needed to be vacuumed. We did not get a non smoking room like we had booked and were told they did not any other rooms available. One of the ladies in our group, had a room that the air conditioner didn't work and reeked of smoke. The front lobby had not been mopped in a while. There was only one person working in the evening so she could not leave the front desk to take care of anything. We did not feel safe with only one person on duty. When I talk with the manager the next morning about all the issues he did not seem to care. DO NOT waste your money on this disgusting hotel!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 409Wolfe
Sanjay V, General Manager at Comfort Inn Petersburg - Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Due to the number of reservations during that weekend, our staff was under a lot of pressure to provide our standard exceptional service, while still catering to all of the needs of our guests. I would like to apologize that our hotel was not able to meet the requirements and expectations of your group. If you would be kind enough to allow us another opportunity to serve your needs, We would be honored to demonstrate our commitment to the satisfaction of our guests.

Sanjay Vaswani
Comfort Inn Petersburg

Reviewed 18 May 2014

As usual on our road trip to florida from the north east we did not make reservations ahead of time for our overnight stop. We just never know how far we are going to get. As in other years this became an issue when we were ready to stop as there were no rooms at the hotels of choice I had researched on trip advisor prior to our trip. We ended up at the Comfort Inn and I went in very apprehensive. To my pleasant surprise the gentleman at the desk was super nice, funny and welcoming. He had us in a room within minutes.
The room was not glamorous but it was clean - and for this kind of overnight stay that is all that matters to me. Breakfast had the basics...again nothing fancy.
Bottom line - if you are in a pinch this place does the trick! and it was a great price!

Date of stay: April 2014
1  Thank lindacof
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had a great experience during our time at this hotel. The staff was great and very helpful. They had great recommendation for local attractions. The rooms were pretty clean. Great location with easy access to I-95. Will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Pet friendly; good continental breakfast. While it has an excellent location right off I-95, the place is a bit run down; the room we had was cramped, and at the end of a very long hall next to one of the exterior doors which was very active and noisy late into the night. The staff was very good, but that wasn't enough to offset the annoyances of a simple night's stay.

Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We checked into this hotel in the middle of the night and stayed for less than 10 minutes. My husband was searching for a plug when he found a roach on the side of the couch. Luckily we did not open any of our bags and we got the heck out of there. It's a cheaper rate but not worth it if there are roaches. I took a picture and showed it to the guy at the desk. He refunded our money but it's going to take days for it to be released back onto my card. I had to pay for another place further down the road. It sucks! If you stay here check for bugs and make sure it's clean!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank puttsey1030
Sanjay V, General Manager at Comfort Inn Petersburg - Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I wanted to start by apologizing for the experience that you had at our hotel.
Your concerns have been addressed with our entire staff.

Please be advised that we are looking into your concerns, and we will take any corrective action that is needed.

I also wanted to emphasize that your experience is not common or routine at our hotel. We strive to make sure that we provide the utmost in customer service, quality of amenities, and cleanliness.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, and I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to our guests' satisfaction.

Sanjay Vaswani