“A little help needed here”

Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
“A little help needed here”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were looking for a change, but this was not what we were expecting. While going to our rooms we had the distinct odor of smoke. I though I would mention it on our way out for dinner, but I was told the smoke must of come out of one of the rooms where smoking is allowed. Hey, keep the smokers on one floor. Breakfast in the morning was a challenge with just one person trying to keep the food available for the guests. There were a lot of army persons there and they were eating to be able to get to there training, that's fine. However, the one person working the breakfast seemed to be overwhelmed by the demand for different foods that were being consumed faster then she could put out more. Perhaps another person to help out, or changing the layout of the breakfast would help. Take a look at other Hampton Inn's and see what they have done to improve your services and layout.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking floor, if they have such a floor.
1 Thank Norbert K
Manager23805, General Manager at Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee, responded to this review, 16 June 2016
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments areessential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are addressed that everything will be in order on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back then.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

As a person that travels every week and have a diamond tier with Hilton, this hotel is NOT a hilton standards hotel. It did have two cockroaches in the bathroom alive and one dirty towel that didn't belong to me, besides a used shampoo bottle. The front desk kid and the manager did not care for this incidents and the room didn't get clean. Absolutely will not recommend to no one.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager23805, General Manager at Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear, Madam

We apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is very important to us and is always a focal point of our property operations. Due to the inconvenience I have honor the 100 percent for one of the night Guest will see the credit back to your account in three to five business days. Once again I am truly sorry for the inconvenience and We appreciate that you brought this to our attention and are working to make sure the problem is addressed.

Divyesh Patel
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We showed up without a reservation at 9 Pm on a Saturday. We were greeted politely, the man at the desk was friendly and helpful. We got the last smoking room with a king bed, it was actually a suite, with a whirlpool tub in the bathroom. The room was spacious, and pleasant. The whirlpool tub was wonderful. We had no problems with housekeeping, and the hotel was clean and well kept. The breakfast was lacking a bit, We were wondering if we just showed up at the wrong time, since they were out of just about everything, and a lot of people were standing around waiting for food. The bacon was greasy and the toaster was very slow and not very efficient. The woman at the desk was very nice and efficient when we went to leave. I would stay here again if passing through the area. (After reading other reviews, I would also like to add that if you drive down Rt. 301 a few miles there were several restaurants, including a really fantastic Mexican restaurant right next to the Taco Bell.)

Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here for one night for a baseball tournament. Upon checking in, the front desk guy could barely speak/understand English to get us checked in quickly and efficiently. Gave him my credit card and drivers license and in the morning when we looked at our bill, there were no charges. Even after explaining that someone else had booked our room for us but I was paying, he still charged them for our room. When I went down to handle the situation, I was met by a rude front desk lady. I have to say that the front desk was lacking in professionalism and friendliness throughout our stay. When I asked the evening person where was a good place to order pizza, I feel like I barely received a grunt and was given two menus and told, "I don't know, I guess it's whatever you like". Ok, fair enough but maybe a little more friendliness.

Our room...the rooms are tiny, the air conditioning made a horrible noise all night long, the beds were horrible, the comforters do not stay on the bed because they are slick on the backside, so all night my husband and I were constantly re-adjusting the comforter and picking it up off of the floor. I don't even walk bare foot in hotels let alone wanting to be covered by something that has been on the floor! As far as cleanliness, it was fair. I didn't see anything in particular that I can mention. In the morning, the cleaning ladies are loudly banging on doors and saying very loudly, "HOUSEKEEPING".

Definitely have had MUCH better stays at other hotels lately. Very disappointed in this stay!!

1 Thank Chris_rogers614
Manager23805, General Manager at Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments. If you have any further question please feel free to contact me to 804-732-1400.

Divyesh Patel
General Manger
Jacksonville
Reviewed 17 June 2014

While it is a clean hotel and seems to be well-kept, it has nothing around. No decent food, nothing... Just dropped out in the middle of nothingness.The staff was very helpful however and were engaged with their roles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Ronkonkoma, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Rooms were great! Very clean. Everything seemed clean and new. Staff was polite. The breakfast was good too. A little pricey but definitely the best hotel in the area- by far! We have to be in the area again next month and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Hotel is well maintained , location is good. Front desk Manager on duty is very well informed about nearby places for Dinner. Sophia Lindo is a very good Manager and extremely Pleasant. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 18 in Petersburg
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee? Share your experiences!