“Ecolodge”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Petersburg
Reviewed 15 July 2012

HORRIBLE!!! Would not stay again. The rooms needed to be thoroughly cleaned. There was debris on the floor from previous guest, there were spider webs around the AC unit. The chair was filthy and broken. The mattress was broken down in the middle. The staff was super friendly although when we requested additional pillow we were told there were no more. We arrived to a room that was blistering hot because the AC had not be turned on prior to our arrival, we had called about 4 that day to confirm our late arrival. For the money didn't expect alot of amenities but did expect clean room to rest for the night, we were disappointed to say the least. This hotel seems to be an apartment complex for most of the tennants. Run down trailor park is the view on the backside of the hotel. Did not feel safe!! Would not recommend to anyone!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank s_l_carroll
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Carroll
We truly are sorry that the comfort and cleanliness of your room fell below our standards.
I can assure you the hotel is quite safe. We hope we can show you our improvements
if you choose to stay in the petersburg area again. Again thank you.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

I stayed here just last week. Staff is courteous and very helpful. The rooms are nice and clean which is a big thing for me. My favorite parts about the hotel are the breakfast Waffles, and the surprisingly quick internet. The pool was maintained pretty well. Maybe next time when I bring the kids.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay.
I have shared your response with the staff and they thank you
also. The next time you are in the petersburg area please continue to stay with us.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

since i heard about new management i decided to visit to see if changes were made. Thankfully my stay was as promised in the broshure. The room was nice,no smell,no bugs,no noise,or disturbance. Unfortunately, when there were issues with the room, such as the a/c it has taking time to handle. But overall i enjoy my visit and i recommend it to other viewers

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Cspade

We are glad your stay was enjoyable at our Lodge. It is always great to hear when we have
met our guest satisfactions. Thank You

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I have went to this hotel several times and each time the front desk associates were very friendly they supplied me with a microwave that wasnt in my room it is a very quite neighborhood my kids play outside with no problem the bed was comfortable I used wifi the whole time I was there and they have free HBO, the pool was open only problem I had was maid service picked up the sheets on the days they wanted other then that I enjoyed my stay I would stay there again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank noj19
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I went to this place to stay one week. first i went to office to do my payment and get room key what i have seen lady at front desk she was taking money under table as soon as customer give money she put her in pocket. and give customer room key than i was next she did same to me i ask for my receipt so she wrote in plain paper instade of motle receipt i got shocked but i did not say to her anything i went in my room my god room door was broken there was big whole in door TV was working by light swhich Tv was not working. i was in a room on back side and someone was keep watching out of trailer.I just stay there half day and went to differnt motel. my god that was my bad experience. I will not going back that motel this place need to shut down

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank mary f
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My daughter and I spent one night there to continue our road trip. We checked the review of this hotel b4 booking it (cheaptickets). It wasn't very good, but it wasn't bad, so we tried it. OMG!! we were scared to open the door and turn the light on bc we were not sure what we could find in it. The hotel is old. I right away checked the mattress and blankets. I didn't find anything, but I am not a pro looking 4 bugs. The tub had cigarette burns; even though, it was a non smoking room. we didn't have b.fast there. The hotel is located in a very quiet street. the hotel, even though, was old and somewhat scary, it isn't nasty dirty. But I will drive a little more next time to find a diff hotel. The two star is only bc of its location.

Room Tip: Just drive few min more to find a diff hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My husband and I travel often. We booked three rooms for one night stay. All rooms were disguesting. Toilets had pee stains, tubs had dirt in them, floors were not vacuumed, I didnt want my family to touch a thing. I had to pull out my lysol before allowing them to use the sink or toilet. I cleaned the rooms. I don't expect fancy furnishings, but a clean room is a must no matter what the price.

The kicker, we had four people staying in each room. We were given two towels per room. I went to the front desk for more towels and was told that they didnt have any, they had a full house. lol The parking lot is only half full.

The pool paint peeling, fire extinguishers falling off walls. The sheets on our beds had stains on them, the lamp shade in room 206 was stained all over. I will really rethink booking rooms at your hotels in the future. I am sure another chain can use our business since my husband travels monthly and we as a family travel at least 2 to 3 times a year. Just horrible

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kclyburn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Petersburg, VA
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 19 in Petersburg
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort Lee
WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort ...
#7 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Gateway Inn
Gateway Inn
#10 of 19 in Petersburg
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!