“Good for a nights rest”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Petersburg
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Not bad if you don't mind economy. The room was clean. Everything worked. Service at the front desk was friendly. Had to use the laundry facility which was on the second level. You can buy laundry soap from a dispenser provided they keep it stocked which it wasn't fully. But the laundry got done thankfully. Would stay here again due to the price, and hopefully won't need to do laundry again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank FLNS
econolodgefortlee, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear FLNS

The staff and I are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Econolodge. Thank you
for taking the time to write a response.

Thanks
Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Econo Lodge Petersburg offers ample parking for a rental truck-auto trailer rig and clean rooms located well away from traffic noise at budget-conscious rates. An added bonus is the location five-minutes from a selection of five excellent downtown restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank D N
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear D.N.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The staff and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay
at our EconoLodge.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I had the pleasure to visit the town of Petersburg Va. in April for a business meeting where i stayed at the Econo lodge. The Manager and staff was so nice and courteous, the manager was big help to me in helping me find my way around town.I was so pleased with the service that i recommended that a couple of people stay there when we return in July.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Steve D,
Thank you for lodging with EconoLodge and taking the time to write your review. It is always a pleasure to recieve encouraging responses. Again Thank You

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I was in Fort Lee visiting my son who is in the Navy. I called and made my reservations over the phone. I received good customer service. I asked about the negative reviews. The clerk was waiting on me to arrive. It took me less than two minutes to check in. I was pleased with the answers. I only needed to sleep and bathe. Microwave and Fridge worked. My room was clean, tv worked well, beds were comfortable and clean. Iron worked. Breakfast was good and fresh. We played baseball with a (tennis ball) and volleyball in the open field. Staff was nice. Staff was cleaning all the time on property. Void the negative reviews. Great for the price. Pool was not open yet. (too cool)

Room Tip: Bring item for activities.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Coby C

Dear Coby C.
We thank you for your response. I do remember your call and we are glad
we provided excellent service. Again thank you.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

It doesn't quite deserve 3 stars, but I'd give it more than 2. Here's why: it was adequate for my needs. I just needed a place to rest my head for one night on my way back home. The bed was clean, and the room reasonably clean. There was some dust on the legs of the bed. The mattress was decent. The bathroom was clean, except for the tub. It was visibly dirty. Now as I said, I was only there for one night to break up a long drive home. I decided to skip the tub and wait until I got home. The front desk guy was very helpful. I'm sure if I had asked I could've gotten a different room, but I was bone tired. When I told the day front desk person, she was profusely apologetic. Bottom line: If you just need a place to drop for one night out of exhaustion, this'll do. Otherwise, move on.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear Devnation
We thank you for your review. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding housekeeping, in your bathroom on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the housekeeping staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. We encourage you to lodge with us again.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

The room was clean. There is a $10 pet fee not listed anywhere but it was still cheaper than other hotels in the area. There is nowhere to easily park a large truck (moving van for example) so leaving was fun. While not needed, I could not find a handicap ramp or parking near the handicap accessible rooms but it was late so i may have overlooked them.

• Stayed: September 2012
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you for your review we strive to accomodate all of our guest. We are working on more parking for big trucks. Again Thank you

Reviewed 20 August 2012

This hotel is old and in need of some serious upgrades. My washcloth was more holes than cloth for example, and the shower head was mounted at 5'. The bathroom insert for the tub was peeled down several layers around the drain and the ceiling in the shower was yellowed with leak stains and the repairs that were made to the ceiling were shoddy. The shower curtain itself was atrocious, stained and who knows how old. There were other peoples hair in the "clean" sheets on our bed and another large hole in the sheets. There was a very poor breakfast selection and the ceiling in the eating area wasn't intact. Surprised the franchise would give approval to do business with their name....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Wayne
We are most sorry for your unpleasant stay. I have shared your feedback with housekeeping to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
As we continue to update the property we hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Petersburg.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 19 in Petersburg
Gateway Inn
Gateway Inn
#10 of 19 in Petersburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort Lee
WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort ...
#7 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!