“Great Staff ”

Econo Lodge
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
“Great Staff ”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The Staff was wonderful and accommodating. They switched my room right away when I had an issue. The place is run down but they look as if they are renovating. Our iron wasn't working and the bed was a little firmer than I usually like but both are minor inconveniences. One thing that stood out is that the door to our room didn't seem to secure very well... This was a bit of a safety concern for us having young children. It's fine for a short stay. The continental breakfast was good.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lmoyer
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank your for your review, I am glad the staff accommodated you quickly, the door has been repaired. Thank you for letting us know. I hope we can accommodate you again.
D. Byers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel after browsing over many other Econo Lodges in the local area and came across this one. First, as other review's have stated it's in the middle of freaking nowhere. I swear I missed the exit a few times trying to find the place. I arrived 30 minutes before midnight and spoke with Mike to which he promptly checked me in quickly. I got to the room which was #101 and noticed how cute and cozy it was or so I thought til I fully checked it out the the next morning. For what ever reason the room was very damp both at night and into the morning as my clothes and shoes had become damp somehow even with the a/c running. Upon waking in the morning I did notice the door was missing the seal all the way around it and could both see and feel the outside air drafting into the room. At which point I finally noticed how nasty the floor felt to walk on barefooted and I wore my sandals the rest of the time in the room. I was really contemplating not taking a shower, due to the fact that the shower looked like it used to be a cream color at one time until it was spray painted white; as the paint was flaking off all over in the shower. Something seriously needs to be done about the drains though, by the time I was done showering I was standing in ankle deep water. As stated in other reviews this apparently is not the first slow drain in the place. There was also a toilet paper roll on the bathroom floor back behind the toilet...The maids seem to have NO CLUE about attention to details when is comes to cleaning up.
On a good note if your in a quick pinch and need a cheap place to crash your better off arriving late and leaving extra early; grabbing breakfast somewhere else on the road as they only had bagels, coffee and orange juice for breakfast. Somehow I still for the life of me can't figure out why the floors all over the office and the rooms were soo squeaky to walk on, almost like they were 100 year old wood planks under the carpet.

**Overall I don't think I'll be returning to this location again. I briefly talked with Cynthia on my check-out and she suggested I fill out a Trip Advisor review. Being an avid Yelp'er, I rarely use Trip Advisor and asked if she ever heard of Yelp.com? She said no and I briefly explained it to her and she agreed to show it to the manager.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NavyGuyAN
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry for the problems you had.
I have reviewed the issues with the staff to ensure these items are corrected.

Darlise Byers
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We needed someplace to put our two dogs while we mountain biked around the Petersburg battlefield. This hotel was perfect for us. The pet room was on the bottom floor, they have a wide open grass field for them to roam around and go to the bathroom, and the outdoor pool they had for our kid to swim in was really nice! The staff was very friendly, room was basic....nothing fancy but a good place to rest after a long day of mountain biking. We brought our own pillows and sheets, which was good because there was dog hair on theirs. That's the only complaint, but it is a pet room so it is what it is! Definitely recommend for a quick stay with pets!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank You for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your trip.
We welcome you back again.

Darlise Byers
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel exceeded our expectations! The whole building was very clean. Our room was cleaned extremely well each day. The staff was friendly and gave great recommendations on local restaurants and points of interest. I was glad to see that the WiFi worked well here, not like other hotels I've stayed at where the service is limited. The breakfast was great with the typical selection.

Stayed July 4th, 2014 weekend with the family

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
econolodgefortlee, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank You for taking the time out too write your review. We truly appreciate your encourgaing comments. I have shared them with the staff and they say Thank You. We will see you on your next stay.

Petersburg, Virginia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here two different times and was happy. The staff was friendly and accommodated me.
My room was comfortable and clean, the breakfast is continental but they offered hot waffles which was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank You for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your comments and will share them with the staff.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This place is awful. I stayed here for one night at the beginning of a budget road trip around the USA so my expectations weren't exactly high. For the price ($60 inc tax) I expected a bit better. The hotel was practically empty and in a very isolated location. There is nothing nearby. It also looks convenient for accessing the Petersburg Battlefield because its right on the edge but its really not as you have to go all the way back into town to find the entrance.

The actual room was dirty (mistake was made to take of my shoes, hello there black soled socks!), there was leftover trash under the desk and the sink and the blanket was covered in cigarette burns even though it was meant to be non-smoking room. The toilet lid was cracked and also covered in cigarette burns and when I took a shower the drain was plugged up and took an age to drain. Super gross.

This place was just super creepy and believe me, my expectations were very low. I stayed here as a solo female and could only recommend this place for people who are arriving late and leaving early and just need a bed to crash in.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LittleOwl63
econolodgefortlee, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear LittleOwl63

We are sorry for the service you received in your guest room. Your experience will
be shared with the staff too make sure the next guest experience is better.
Again we apologize.
Manager
Midcoast Maine
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We arrived with a reservation at 4:30 on a frigid February Friday to find the office locked. No one around. After 10 minutes of ringing a bell, a man came around from the outside, let us in and registered us. Our room was 48 degrees, but the heater worked. It had to go pretty hard, because daylight was visible around three sides of the door. There was a coffee maker but no coffee, tea, or cups. The shower didn't drain well. No one to complain to, just an 800 number. Though the sign advertised remodeling, it hadn't come to our unit, which featured a big old fuzzy CRT TV. At the minimal breakfast, a man asked why the Internet didn't work. The one person there said to call an 800 number. But the bed was good, we slept well, and the cost was $47. We had a good experience dining at Roma's, down the road.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sacrebleu62

Truly I would like to apologize for the your stay. Generally we have all heating units on.
We truly hope you will still stay with the choice brand. Thank you for taking time to write
about your stay.