“Hmmmm.....”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Hmmmm.....”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I decided to check-in here based on tripadvisor reviews. I was surprised by the sheer quantity of hotels at exit 52 of I-95 in Virginia. There may be 10. Don't expect to find restaurants at the exit, though. I would consider half of the motels at the exit to be sketchy. Parking lots at most were full enough, though.

That wasn't the case at Tricity Value Inn. The parking lot was rather empty at the 8 o'clock hour. I still went through with my plan and checked in. I don't know if any room rents at the $34.99 listed on the road sign. Maybe that's before tax.

The man and woman working reception were friendly. The list of rules for guests was extensive. There are no refunds once you pay for a room. I still went through with the transaction.

I got a "nice room". Did I get a nice room so I'd write a nice review? Cuz I'm a nice guy? I entered a king bed room that was stuffy. The a/c was off. Hey, they're saving money on electric. The a/c was not powerful, but was consistent and cooled the room well by the time I hit the sack.

The room has a king bed, microwave, fridge, desk and flat-panel TV. The bathroom area has the sink with plenty of counter space. The bathroom itself has the toilet and tub. All appeared clean to me. There was one towel and one washcloth and one bar of soap. The toilet paper on the roll was all that there was to have. Water gets hot hot if you give it enough time.

The bed was medium-firm and had three pillows. Linens, upon checking them in the morning, appeared to have some hairs that didn't come from by body - especially since I didn't sleep where I found them.

All furniture and appliances were in good repair. The wi-fi wasn't. It conked out after maybe 10 minutes of use and never worked for me again even though there was signal and I had the password.

I was up before 8. I glanced in the office and saw no breakfast goodies. The Valero convenience store had no coffee. The Exxon did. It was ok, nothing more.

That's my opinion of the Tricity Value Inn, too. There are many options and I don't know if any of the options at exit 52 would be any better. At least it's en route to the Petersburg National Battlefield Eastern Front section. I had a nice bike ride there and back on a one-speed.

Room Tip: I dunno. Ask for a "nice" room?
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank ChumpireFanzine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Everything here is fine except for the tub and bathroom wall tiles. They are very old and need renovation and replacement. I am not able to take bath or shower here because I don't feel comfortable entering the tub. Not being able to take shower, means I can't stay here again. The tub is very irreversible. No matter how much cleaning is done, its still ugly. The paint of tub is coming off too. If just one room's tub and bathroom wall tiles can be replaced, then I will stay here only. Price is excellent. But other hotels in the area are even more dirtier and awful.

Room Tip: see the room first
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Amit J
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 15 May 2011

This military friendly hotel set just 10 minutes from The Fort Lee. The staff is very friendly I'm military and I travel alot and when I come to Petersburg and I always stay there because it's affordable with the military.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank korybrown85
gjaswal, Owner at Loyalty Inn Petersburg, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Gurdeep J-Owner
Tricity Value Inn
Hopewell, Virginia
Reviewed 20 April 2011

The value for working individuals can not be beat. Josh and Tony provide excellent service and will assist you in any way. The rooms are clean, not fancy but comfortable. The location is very convenient to I-95, Hopewell, Dinwiddie, Colonial Hieghts etc

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank karl57832

Gurdeep J-Owner
Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We stayed here the last two weeks of my hubbys school.Its not a 5 star hotel,but its good enough for us.We werent looking for a luxury hotel,just some where we can afford.The staff is EXCELLENT! I see that they are trying to get this place back into tip top shape.They have great deals for long term stays and we are a family who likes to save money..It has everything u need.We would stay here again if we're ever back on this side or we'll even check out other best value inns.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mamasmurf808
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. . I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your future lodging needs.

Americas Best Value Inn-Peterburg, VA
Oakwood, Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2010

My husband and I (each 62) were traveling back from Delaware to Georgia. Cutting our tip in half because of a late start we started looking for somewhere to rest for the night. He picked up a flyer with hotel discount coupons south of DC in a fastfood place. We usually stayed at a Days Inn but that was too far. So we chose Americas Best Value Inn in Petersburg, VA., plus it was $10 less than Days Inn. I used my cell to phone to contact the manager, Eddie, who was thorough in finding out what kind of accomodations we needed. Upon arriving it was so good to meet Eddie and his efficient wife, Grace, to get us settled in a room exactly like we had requested. This was our first experience with Americas Best Value and we are looking forward to staying in one again on future trips. Sure would like to visit with Eddie and Gace again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aarrkk
Dear Traveler,

We appreciate your feedback and taking time out of your busy schedule. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Washington, DC
Reviewed 19 April 2010

This is not the place for anyone who is not easy going or is fastidious. We rolled in at midnight, without a reservation, and the clerk during check in asked us on his own whether we were AAA members for a discout. The place is pretty spartan, clean enough but worn. But the price cannot be beat-- $39.95 with free wifi. They even throw in a breakfast of coffee, fruit loops and mini-doughnuts. All in all a great value for laid back people and people on a budget. (We were there on a quiet Wednesday night, but it is possible that the vibe is different on other nights.)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank TuniB
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Americas Best Value Inn-Petersburg, VA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Comfort Suites Southpark
#8 of 18 in Petersburg
The Ragland Mansion B&B and Events
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Loyalty Inn Petersburg? Share your experiences!