“Needs to be DEMOLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!”

Travel Inn Petersburg Virginia
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Petersburg
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We tried 3 different rooms. The rooms smelled horrible. Rm 611 no heat and the tub looked worse than the pavement outside. Moved to rm 605 had to place a trashbag that I had with me to put dirty clothes in inside the tub to take a shower. The heat wasn't working and the balcony doors was broken. The bar that went across the door didn't reach and it also was broken too. The manager had to get a remote from another room for the televsion in that room. In order to get warm we had to get in the bed with our street clothes on and stay in one spot. The manager then gave us another option, either we waited for the heat to get fixed or move to another room. We moved to rm 411 before we decided that we was not staying here. We go to get our money back and the manager was no where to be found. He had this woman do his dirty work because he wasn't man enough to face us. The cops were called by me as well as the BBB, Public Health, and the Evironmentalist too. This is not over for me. THEY ARE RUDE!

Room Tip: Rooms on all the floors are horrible
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Natasha M

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We tried 2 different rooms...no locks on the doors, vomit stains on the carpet, smoke smells everywhere, beds weren't made, electricity was not fully working, and there were doorknobs missing between rooms.
We got our money back and left right away.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RonToronto_Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed one night in October 2012. Dirty. Paint peeling. Carpet filthy. Lots of minor fixes that haven't been done are now showing as a poorly kept property. Our toilet was clogged and it took 3 calls and a visit to the front desk for someone to come to the room with a plunger. Had to wait for over an hour. We will not stay there again and would not recommend to anyone elsae.

Room Tip: Use another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank abc919
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed here on 7-13-12 to 7-15-12. We made reservations. When we walked in the desk clerk was nice, we said we made reservations the clerk said ok and gave us our room keys, Never once look at the computer, but I PAID CASH for the room witch was $120.00. I did not want it charged to my card. The clerk gave me the room keys, mind you we are in the lobby with a/c. We go to park the car and get our bags, and people where driveing in and out. the parking lot was like a hang out, People sitting in there cars. We lock the car and to the south side entrance, when we walked in there was no a/c in the hallways. When we get to the elevader it was on the main floor whick was nice, but had a bad smell. Went to the forth floor # 415 walked in the room put the bags on the floor. Went to check the sliding door and to see the view and to look at the car. I notice the sliding door was cracked open, so closed the slideing door and tried to lock it, the lock was broken, I put bar down and it was broken also. I cracked the door open so the bar would stay up. I went to put the chain on the door there was no chain, the door that went the room next to us had a lock that did not lock to anything. Took my socks and shoes off and started to walk the floor was greasey. I put my shoes back on. went and tried the a/c and it worked. I looked at the tv and notice on the shelf a pair of fip flops from someone else before us. The referigerator worked, the tv was messed up, the light switch were missing, and some did not work at all. The bath room lights kept flashing when lights where on, also the bathroom had a heatlamp that had no switch. the next morning went to the lobby around 7:00am for breakfast and found out that there was no breakfast. Left the lobby to go to the car. I looked at the pool and it was green and nasty.Went to go get breakfast luckly there was a McD's up the street from Fort Lee. When we came back to the hotel later that night we went to the south side entrance and the key card did not work, i walk around to the front door the key card still did not work. went to the lobby and said these key card are not working, the clerk took the card and reactivated the key cards. When we got to the room the maids never came to make the beds or anything. The next morning we checked out the clerk was sleeping on the couch, so we left the key cards on the counter along with 2 other's sets of room keys. The following day there is a charge on my credit card for $110.00. I called the hotel and got the answering system at 10:00am. I called back and the clerk answer, I explained that we stayed there and the clerk said they would credit my card back. I said ok and still to this day 8-3-12 have not received a credit from the hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE, IT IS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE'S.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, find another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Darren I
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Spent one night at this motel in late June, 2012. The desk clerk was pleasant. That's where the positives end. The room was dirty and stuffy, the pool had a green tint, the elevator had a sticky, smelly substance on the floor. We used the stairwell and found broken glass and a woman's used sanitary napkin on the floor. No, I'm not making that up. The breakfast food ran out. When I inquired about more, the employee said there was no more. He and his friend sat on the only seats in the breakfast area. My family sat on the curb outside the office to eat.
DON'T EVER STAY HERE. I should have slept in the car.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank T C
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The desk clerk was polite. He gave us our room key cards with the room number on them then he took them back and wrote a different room number on them. He showed us to our room on the 6th floor but we had to wait for the elevator on the left since the one on the right had issues with the 6 button. It was either glued or melted in place and couldn’t be activated. When we got to the room the clerk had issues opening the door with the key card. He finally got the door open, showed us around the room and left us alone. We were only there for two nights for the NASCAR races. The beds were comfy that is it. The TV didn’t work correctly, the bath tub paint was peeling, the shower head leaked. The toilet seat was chipped. There was no toilet tissue we had to find some. The hair dryer holder on wall was broken. The door to the room didn’t shut properly it could be easily pushed open. The dead bolt was jammed wouldn’t lock, the chain lock was broken. The door to the balcony had a broken handle. The smoke detector was covered with a plastic bag. There were ashtrays in the room even though it said the whole hotel was nonsmoking. The lamp by the TV had the guts hanging out. The lamps by the bed only one side worked the other side was missing the button/switch to turn it on. There was an ironing board but no iron. There was a mini coffee maker but no coffee/sugar/cream. There was no breakfast; the indoor pool according to the website was outdoors and disgusting. When we went to check out all doors to the lobby were locked. We rang the door bell with no answer. We tried calling the desk with no answer. After 15 minutes someone came out from room behind desk, apparently they were sleeping. I only rate this hotel a one because it doesn’t go any lower. I would feel safer and more comfortable sleeping in the city dump. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAYING HERE, I WOULDNT LET MY DOG STAY THERE!

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends