“I have never felt so disgusting in my life!”

Travel Inn Petersburg Fort Lee
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Petersburg
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This place is horrible. We got out of town late after work and was driving to Virginia Beach and made reservations to stop here as it was a choice hotel and typically choice hotels are a good place for a quick stay. It was late at night and we had a 5 year old with us we pull in and no one is at the door. We rang the bell several times I was calling on my cell phone and finally this really sketchy fellow shows up and said he would get the manager. I continued calling and started to hear a phone ring around the corner comes the "manager" with the phone that was ringing clipped to his pocket he just didnt bother answering it. We go inside and I was almost in tears. The only thing that kept me there was that my fiance would not look at me or say a word to me. I would have rather slept in the car. The room was filty. Stains everywhere and it smelled horrible.It had a door to another room that the door knob was taken out and a paper towel was stuck in the hole where it once was. I went back out to the car and got blankets laid one down on top of the bed then one to cover my daughter up. I left nothing on the floor. I didnt sleep at all. Babies crying people screaming.. at 5:00am a fire alarm went off and at that point I was convinced that someone had pulled it to steal our belongings. My fiance puts our daughter over his sholder while I am carrying all of our valuables.. We stood outside (the only people outside) for 30 mins. no fire trucks nothing. We decide to go inside and get our stuff so we could leave and we walk right past a fire. No joke the laundry room had a fire and the guy that was trying to put it out asked us what we were looking at? I made everyone put the clothes that we slept in a trashbag and tied it up. I made my daughter shower with me with the curtin open and our flip flops on. The shower had 2 shower heads only one worked not that you need a second head anyway. This place needs torn down. The pictures are not accurate. We called and complained to Choice and they gave our money back. My experience is so bad I would never stay at a Rodeway Inn PERIOD. It makes my skin crawl to think about it

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Amanda B

Reviewed 13 July 2013

This hotel is a dump. It looks disgusting, smells like mold, and has stains on EVERYTHING! There are holes in the ceiling and the elevator is about to break. We were hoping for atleast a pool but when we arrived it was closed. We asked why and they said because of thunderstorms passing by today. When I looked in the pool I could tell is wasn't filled with water in year. As the title says, turn around and run away. I wouldn't stay here even if they paid me!

Room Tip: None. All of them are horrible!
Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Clifton S
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We tried 3 different rooms. The rooms smelled horrible. Rm 611 no heat and the tub looked worse than the pavement outside. Moved to rm 605 had to place a trashbag that I had with me to put dirty clothes in inside the tub to take a shower. The heat wasn't working and the balcony doors was broken. The bar that went across the door didn't reach and it also was broken too. The manager had to get a remote from another room for the televsion in that room. In order to get warm we had to get in the bed with our street clothes on and stay in one spot. The manager then gave us another option, either we waited for the heat to get fixed or move to another room. We moved to rm 411 before we decided that we was not staying here. We go to get our money back and the manager was no where to be found. He had this woman do his dirty work because he wasn't man enough to face us. The cops were called by me as well as the BBB, Public Health, and the Evironmentalist too. This is not over for me. THEY ARE RUDE!

Room Tip: Rooms on all the floors are horrible
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Natasha M
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We tried 2 different rooms...no locks on the doors, vomit stains on the carpet, smoke smells everywhere, beds weren't made, electricity was not fully working, and there were doorknobs missing between rooms.
We got our money back and left right away.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RonToronto_Canada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights
The Ragland Mansion B&B and Events
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Travel Inn Petersburg Fort Lee? Share your experiences!