“Restfull Night Great STOP for Snowbird”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Petersburg
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Driving from Daytona Beach can be tiring, and a good night sleep can rejuvenate for the next day's long hall to Canada. As a Snowbird, we are always looking for a clean, quiet, restful place on the way to our winter destinations or to our return to the north. This Holiday Inn in Petersburg Virginia was that and more. If you are looking for a good nights sleep, this meets the criteria of the most discerning traveler. Warm pool was a welcome addition to our stop. The room was "Spic and Span", staff was fantastic and breakfast was basic but filling. We even had a AAA/CAA discout well below the advertised price. We recommend this Hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms on the South Side are quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Citizenbrock
HIEDINWIDDIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

We are so happy to hear how pleased you were during your recent stay with us. We do our best to provide all of our guest with the most memorable experiences.

Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a standard per diem area for government workers. Beware of this as staff tells you a much higher government rate (and is listed as government at this inflated rate on their website). I am from Dinwiddie but do not like personally eating the over charge since government rate is not honored. Per Diem hotels are available not far away in Petersburg. Beds are also showing their wear and you could hear the springs moving in the mattress.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank TravelingHokie83
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear TravelingHokie83,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the government per diem rate and the the bed condition. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 January 2013

They are the only game in town and charge what they can. I have stayed twice and have noticed that they do not have many guests. The lobby is new and attractive. The staff is friendlier than it was two years ago. The room was nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
HIEDINWIDDIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Sir, at all times we try to remain price conscious of you our guest at the same time we are always implementing new things to make our guest stay even more pleasurable than the last. We welcome your thoughts and ideas are wanting to assure you that our pricing is always decided with you the guest in mind as well as hotel improvements.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I frequently travel for business and prefer the Holiday Inn Express brand. There hotels are up to date and offer many conveniences. Reservations are easy and rarely a issue. Key for me is that the rooms are ALWAYS clean and comfortable. In addition their rewards program is second to none. Specific to this Holiday Inn Express, it is convenient, staff is very friendly and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

We are always glad to here that we have met and exceeded our guest expectations. Whatever we can do to assist you in future stays please don't hesitate to call.

Management

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Arrived to hotel for a family function for the weekend. To my husband and my delight we are greeted by the most attractive young lady. We were taken with her professionalism, appearance, and skill. The next morning we had the opportunity to see her in action with a very irate guest. Her level up expertise in handling situation was mind boggling. The guest would not listen to a word she had to say and still she held composure and managed to have the gentleman leave with a smile. We observed her the whole weekend and everyday she came in to work appearance flawless, staff interaction superb , we later found out her name was Tina and was the hotel Assistant General Manager. We found it funny when she yelled Maguyver also we learned this was the hotel General Manager. The 2 make a great team! The hotel and staff are wonderful , these 2 are a vital contribution I hope the ownership realizes this. We plan on returning in the Spring.

Room Tip: Kings are very nice!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
HIEDINWIDDIE, Asst. General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Mrs. Mason, we thank you for your kind words. Its always good to hear positive feedback on what we strive in everyday to project to our customers. It's even more rewarding for me to be able to be the recipient of such kind words.

We will be awaiting your Spring arrival !

The Staff Here At The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites / Dinwiddie

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I recently had the bad luck of staying in this hotel. My nephew was getting married, my mother and I flew in from St.Louis to be there for him. He was also staying there for his wedding night and asked for an early check in since his ceremony would be taking place during check in time. Even thought that room was not in use the night before they wouldn't allow him to check in early. He had to pay for an extra night in prefer to ensure he would have a room. He dropped everything of at the hotel and when he came back to set up the room the next day and get dressed, the cleaning people had thrown EVERYTHING away. The hotel owner would not compensate him or help with replacing anything. What three owner did do is yell and scream at my nephew and was very ignorant to me. This all happened 2 hours before his wedding. I, who have never even been in the state before, had to drive in a strange city and replace everything that was important to him. To top it off the girl at the front desk gave me the wrong directions to the ceremony, I MISSED THE CEREMONY! I also missed family photos. Then i was taking to another employee who informed me I was given the wrong directions on purpose because it would be funny. Needless to say thanks to the owner and his ignorant staff, I spent $2000 for nothing. When i asked for the number for holiday inn corporate office i was told there want one. Really?

• Stayed: September 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear danniwrk,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your recent. Please accept my sincerest apology for the overall issues you had during your stay. We'd like to obtain some additional details so we have sent you a private message. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My husband and I were travelling with his brother and wife through the northeastern states and New Brunswick for over two weeks. The last night of our trip was spent at this Holiday Inn and Suites in Petersburg/Dinwiddie, VA. We were exhausted and just wanted to find a clean, comfortable room to end our vacation. We tried several properties in the area and could find no vacancies. When I contacted the Holiday Inn in Dinwiddie and was told that there were two king non-smoking rooms available, I immediately asked them to hold them until we arrived (less than 5 minutes away). When we arrived, I told the front desk that I had called from the road and they were holding two king non-smoking rooms for me. She checked and confirmed that there were two rooms available and began the check-in process. The rooms were located on the third floor but were on opposite ends of the floor. My sister-in-law and I took some of our luggage up and as soon as I entered the room and smelled the reek of smoke, I knew I was NOT in an non-smoking room. I immediately called the front desk and while I was on the phone with the clerk, my sister-in-law came in my room and said that she had also been given a smoking room. The clerk said she would check to see in there were any non-smoking rooms available, but after checking told me that none were available. We were very upset as it was late and we were in an area that was many miles from any other lodging. We made the decision to stay there only because we were so exhausted and could not drive any further. I feel that the clerk knew when we checked in that there were NO non-smoking rooms available but was just trying to fill the hotel. All four of us ended up with headaches and stuffy noses from the strong smoke smell in the rooms. There was no manager on site at the hotel, but I was given a card to contact and plan on following up with her. If the room had not been smoky, I could have rated it a 5 as it appeared to be clean (except for the nicotine buildup on the bathroom walls that dripped off in the condensation), the bed was comfortable and the hotel appeared to be fairly new. The breakfast offered was very good with lots of choices of hot and cold items. But because of the deceptiveness of the hotel clerk, I would not rate it any higher.

Room Tip: If you are travelling in the Petersburg area, I highly recommend advance reservations. Nearby Ft. L...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lzee11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark...
#2 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie? Share your experiences!