“Great Seafood at Croaker's Spot in Petersburg, VA”
Review of Croaker's Spot

Croaker's Spot
Ranked #5 of 116 Restaurants in Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The broiled scallops and shrimp were Excellent! The service was very good, particularly when considering we went after Sunday church service, a time when restaurants can easily get crowded. Their cornbread, cabbage and rice were also very good. Their cakes for dessert taste like they were just baked. If you desire, they also serve drinks. Highly recommend this restaurant, as well as their 2nd restaurant on Hull St. in Southside Richmond.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Well.... I already love the Richmond location for this restaurant and now after coming here four Times I fallen in love with this location. The food is great!!!! Nice addition to Old Towne Petersburg. Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Been to the one in Richmond and my first time here. Pretty much the same food-be ready to do plenty of carb loading, don't think healthy when you dine here just enjoy the food. Generally get the same thing-fish platter and soul bread (cornbread with syrup, powdered sugar, maraschino cherries, and syrup). I would suggest the soul bread as a dessert with coffee after dinner. Be prepared to take some food home with you as servings our huge. Plenty of parking right by the restaurant which is located in an old warehouse near the river. A good job with the interior woodwork, more space than in Richmond, looks like a small but decent selection of draught beers. Would suggest lunch if you are sightseeing. Petersburg is a sleepy little city that seems to die down by 3 pm.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Met here for a large group (30 people) get together, we were seated without difficulty and our waiter was GREAT! We were all served very quickly, he got all of our orders correct on the first try and was pleasant and sooooo helpful in explaining various dishes. One couple ordered the mussels, as an appetizer, and several of them did not open, when they pointed it out to him, he returned quickly with a new plate of several more mussels than were originally unopened! The food was very very good. A mix of seafood and comfort food. The cabbage is delicious, my spouse ordered chicken with rice and gravy, I could have made a meal of the gravy-so good.
Portions are very large, sharing is $3.00 extra but worth it if you don't want leftovers. I will definitely return. Desserts looked awesome. Someone had the carrot cake and proclaimed it "awesome"

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our family loves this restaurant. Everything is perfect here. The restaurant has lots of character. The food is fabulous! The staff takes excellent care of you. I even crave some of their menu items, like the HUGE piece of cornbread they serve with most of their meals or their sauteed onions and peppers. We love the shrimp and grits, the salmon is excellent, so are the fried fish "boats". I don't think we have ever had anything we didn't like.