“live music”

Cuisines: American, African, Seafood
London, England, United Kingdom
“live music”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I went there with a friend to enjoy some live music by a group called soul mellow, which was a great group, and to eat dinner. Terrific choices on the menu and large servings make this a great place. I had a problem with the saltiness but my kids would have eaten every bite and asked for seconds, and the greens were better than anyone I know has served. I recommend this place as I am sure the saltiness will be changed. If you only go for the drinks and the music, it is worth it.

• Visited June 2014

Prince George, Virginia
“Service, Service, Service!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was my second time visiting this restaurant. I used a Living Social Coupon for breakfast. If they want to compete with other local restaurants, especially chains, they have to fix their service problems. I could not tell who was the hostess versus our waitress. Food took too long to arrive. One member of our 4 person party's order was lost all together, so we had completed our meals before his arrived. His order was slightly wrong (minor). I would assume they needed more help in the kitchen. One waitress seemed to be scrambling to tend to everyone, but 3 other staff members there seemed to be "too cool for school" and not hustling enough for the 5 tables with customers…all waiting for food and grumbling after it was explained that they only had one waffle iron. I am not sure how they delegate duties, but I saw one staff member arrive, plop down and then start fiddling on a smart phone, while all this was happening. They should at least pretend to look busy and be helpful…. especially one of the owners/management! Despite this, the food was very good. I sampled a little from everyone's plate: The pancakes were good (not the best, but I am particularly picky on those). French toast was better. Waffle was okay (not as great as I had with the chicken an waffles on my prior visit; a little doughy and thick). The potatoes were great as were the eggs. People will with deal with average food and great service (many chains), but not good food and consistently poor service for long.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Nikzleez
Petersburg, Virginia
“Shocked!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have been to this restaurant and was ready to give it 5 stars until my last visit. Granted it was a busy day, I felt the overwhelmed staff could've handled things better. My boyfriend and I are weekly visitors, but this visit may have burned bridges (especially if there are more than 5 cars in the lot). This is an intimate setting and with 5 waitresses and a waiter, they only waited on the large group. The other tables were greatly neglected. We waited 30 minutes for a table, which we had no problem with. Once we got our drinks, no one came to get our order or anything. After 30 minutes of additional waiting, I made my boyfriend leave. The table beside us did the same. I was especially upset that there was no apology, just I told you this wouldn't be quick. We were more than patient. On top of that he made my boyfriend pay for his soda, which I felt should've been complimentary at this point. He was going to take the glass before he finished. I wish we would've been told that they just weren't going to attempt to wait on us with the large crowd in the back getting all of the service. We could've saved time. So, I recommend a visit only if the place has a few customers, because the food is pretty good. If there is a crowd- STAY AWAY....they are easily overwhelmed!

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank greenehalltam
Chester, Virginia
“Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Great new restaurant! I got the fish and chips, the waitress even let me choose what kind of fish they prepared.good prices and great service!

• Visited October 2013
Chesterfield, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice and Comfortable”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Food was good and lots of it and the setting was real laid back. I enjoyed it. I had the crab cakes and it was full of crab. We came during the lunch hour so there is a big discount on the food but still you got a large amount of food. The owner took time to come to all of the tables and chatted with customers. It was a nice feel. I wish they would advertise on the billboard at I-95, because we could have miss this one if it had not been recommended. Try the crab cakes and see!

• Visited September 2013