“Not clean but spacious with a bed”

Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“Not clean but spacious with a bed”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Checked in very late. The bathroom still had pee in the toilet with a broken toilet seat. Used soap in the sink. TV remote did not work. So if you like to wake up to an infomercial it is guaranteed to occur, and it did. On the plus side it was two massive rooms with a somewhat comfortable bed for less than $100.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Grazer-Florida
DawnAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear JNC-Florida,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us a letting us about your stay. I am addressing the issue with my staff and action will be taken to insure this does not happen again. I hope that your will come back to Petersburg and give us a chance as this is not our typical standard. If you are ever back in the area please call me directly at the hotel and I would be happy to ensure you have a fantastic stay.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

After driving from massachusetts in terrible traffic, we arrived at HIE at 1:00 A.m. I received a standard text confirming our reservation which I paid in full for. The clerk wasn't that friendly but I chalked it up to it being so late. He gave us our room key and my husband, 3 kids and myself headed upstairs. The key did not work after many attempts so I left my family upstairs and went back to the lobby and the clerk gave us another key. Back upstairs I went and again, the key doesn't work. My husband went downstairs and asked the clerk to come upstairs and help us. He used his key and the door opened but to our surprise someone was sleeping in there!! The clerk closed the door and quickly headed to the elevator. The hotel was booked and somehow our room was given away. The clerk started calling everywhere to find us a room and finally after many phone calls we got a room at the hotel next door (it was a smoking room and quite dirty and smelly). HIE did pay for that room next door and said they did not charge me for the room we never slept in. I can't review on the rooms because I never saw them

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank johnston128c
DawnAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear johnston128c,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are addressing the issues you outlined. Thank you again and have safe travels.

Thanks,

Warren, Ohio
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked 2 queen suites 3 months in advance and PAID in FULL at time of booking with no cancellation, to get a lower rate through hotels.com. Called the week prior and on our way down to THIS Holiday Inn NOT Hotels.com to make sure our booking was correct. We were assured that our rooms were reserved and they were close since we were traveling together. We get there and they give us our keys we get the kids and all our bags to the rooms to find... they are NOT SUITES without them even saying anything at the front desk. We caravan back to the front desk where we wait yet again (because they messed up someone elses rooms) only to be told they do not have the rooms we booked no reasons as to why even though we explained we called twice to confirm. We are now stuck with regular rooms, no manager to speak to, and the next morning all they can offer us is a $10 credit for each room. WE WOULD NOT HAVE BOOKED OR EVEN CAME TO THIS HOTEL IF THEY DID NOT HAVE THE ROOMS WE BOOKED!!! From what the clerk at the front desk mentioned that was all the manager was willing to do. Now this is not to mention that our room wasn't even properly cleaned. We found someone elses clothes in the drawers, a dirty old work boot on the floor by the air conditioner and the sink area was all slimey and gross. They put fresh soaps out but apparently failed to clean the sink. Needless to say we were not thrilled with our room. I have no idea what else wasn't cleaned right. The other room still had the cleaning ladys watered down dawn bottle sitting in the tub. This will be our last stay at any HIX EVER!!! They care nothing for customer service or satisfaction. Oh and by the way there were no fresh cookies at all in the lobby at any point during our stay, I'm sure that little tidbit they could care less about. The highlight of our stay was the nice lady in charge of breakfast.

Room Tip: If you want a good room I would stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank beachmom250
DawnAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Beachmom,

Thank you for taking the time to outline the concerns with your stay. I have addressed the issues with our staff and our working on a resolution. I hope that when you are in the area you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had been on the road for nearly 14 hours, travelling Florida back home to Montreal and were desperately looking for a place to stay the night. The front desk staff was Amazing!!! The free breakfast was great which included bacon, eggs, cinnamon rolls, etc, very clean, our room was huge! Mostly, we had a restful evening and I would highly recommend this hotel. Great choice!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed there for just one evening and I had no complaints. The bed was comfy the room was clean and the hotel was quiet. There was a refrigerator in the room which was a plus. Slept in so I can't comment on breakfast.

Room Tip: choose a rom all the way at the end of the hall...less noise from other guests passing by.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marialice N
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Room was clean. used a coupon from the travel books. Decent price. Staff was so so. I had asked if there was anything in the afternoon, like a snack and was told no. Was a little disappointed to find out there were cookies. They were gone went I saw the container, which was not there earlier. When I mentioned it to the young lady at the desk, she said there were no more. The breakfast in the am was very good. Nice selection of foods. The room was clean and more then adequate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Thank you Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee! Such a nice stay, quiet room, great price, friendly staff! When your travelling and just need a place to stay with no hassles and great value, this is the place. The morning breakfast was a great extra bonus, eggs, biscuits/gravy, sausage, bagels, etc...Highly recommend!! A++++

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank oscmj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 18 in Petersburg
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
The Ragland Mansion B&B and Events

Been to Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee? Share your experiences!