“It's all the details”

Downtown Historic Bed & Breakfasts of Albuquerque
Ranked #2 of 13 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2013

From the moment I stepped out of the car, I knew we were in for a treat. The property is magazine beautiful. From the fountains, the flowers, the bright and well-paired colors to the cute little porch swing, this place is like stepping into a fantasy. And that was just the front yard. The first time I stepped into the backyard, I literally just stopped in my tracks and took it all in. It has to be one of the most peaceful, gorgeous, and coolest backyards I've have ever been in. I don't want to say to much; I would hate to spoil that first time experience! Expect to seriously chill out and relax though.

Kara met us in the backyard and took us a little tour on the way to our room. Kara might be one of the genuinely nicest people I've ever met. She was in constant motion between preparing a wedding and hosting 30 some guests and the smile never left her face. The house it beyond cool. It really does feel like you are staying at a good friends' house. It's completely spotless and filled with neat little things to read and look at. The history of the property is amazing! Each guest room is different and BEAUTIFUL. We stayed in the Pansy room and it was quaint and really comfortable. The beds are high quality and the linens were super soft. It really is just like staying at home, except nicer! Our bathroom had a clawfoot tub, which was awesome to soak in after a long day hiking.

Kara and Steve absolutely know what they are doing when it comes to breakfast. Fresh squeezed OJ, fresh coffee, fresh fruit, and menu items like hatch green chile quiche were just a small taste. The food was over the top. Fresh eggs from the backyard chickens, does it get any better than that?!? My mouth is watering just writing this.

They hosted the best wedding I've ever been too. There wasn't a single detail missed. The wedding guest bathrooms even included little touches like toiletry bowl with toothpicks and things by the sink. The grounds make for a very picturesque setting and it's just so intimate and warm. This is definitely this place to hold a dream wedding!

I really could go on and on. But I won't. Just stay there. Or get married there, Or both. I promise you'll thank me.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at Downtown Historic Bed & Breakfasts for a week and a half and loved every minute of my stay. I chose to stay at a bed and breakfast because I was visiting for an extended period of time and wanted a "homey" atmosphere to return to at the end of the day. This bed and breakfast provided just that, with a beautiful, peaceful backyard and comfortable rooms. Steve and Kara were very accommodating and asked (and provided) what would work best with my schedule (in terms of breakfast, linen changes, etc). I highly recommend this B&B to anyone and will return if and when I am back in the area!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

From the moment Steve Grant answered the phone when I made my first inquiry regarding the Historic Bed & Breakfast, the welcoming spirit was completely evident. I wish I could convey the warmth and welcome also received from Kara and Lindsey who assisted us with coordinating my Grandson's wedding through the written word. Their facility is actually a beautiful historic home that beckons one to stay. The grounds are lovely and contributed to the wedding like finery. We have received so many compliments regarding our choice. The wedding went off without a flaw with Steve, Kara and Lindsey assisting with not only professionalism but also with grace. We always felt like we were in good hands, which helped to avoid any apprehension that things might not go well. We could not express a big enough thanks for their flexibility in putting together the proceedings. I hope we get to do it again. ; ). I highly recommend the Historic Bed & Breakfast of Albuquerque.

Room Tip: It will be difficult to choose. The rooms are beautiful and accommodating.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Had my son's wedding here at the beginning of May and it was beautiful! Kara, Lindsey and Steve were excellent and very helpful and accomodating to all our needs. I recommend this facility to anyone as there Garden Wedding Venue.

The rooms are wonderful. Loved all the historical and authentic items in the houses. The Houses were excellent for pictures as well as all the wonderful spots in the "garden" areas.

Thank you again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I cannot say enough good about this place...we came to New Mexico from NYC, arriving around 11:30 pm. Steve Grant, the amazing innkeeper, had done everything he had promised in terms of leaving keys, information, etc....but in our fatigue, we ended up having to call him to explain what to do. Absolutely gracious, he welcomed us (at midnight!) and ensured we were at home in the Gold Room in the Spy House. Supremely clean, wonderfully comfortable bed--we slept well and awoke to the best B&B breakfast ever--eggs from their own hens! Steve and Kara are friendly--but take their cue from the guest as to how much conversation or information to provide. If you want privacy, you can have it. If you want conversation, there it is. A lovely quiet street in an area easily accessible from the Sunport. You have your own entrance with the Gold Room, and you can park your car on the private driveway right outside that door. Beautiful grounds and garden. Don't stay anywhere else in ABQ!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed there for two nights and had the Secret Garden room. The room was very nice and clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. On both mornings, breakfast was very good. It's also in a convenient location: a short drive to the Old Town, and within walking distance of several good restaurants. In addition, the host and hostess were very helpful with their recommendations of things to do and places to go. I'd definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: We liked the Secret Garden, although I didn't see any of the others in order to compare. They a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joancs
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Kara and Steve Grant have a wonderfully historic, comfortable and welcoming B&B. We often stay at B&B's on vacation to get the local flavor and "insider" information of our destination. Kara and Steve certainly provided that during our fun, delicious breakfasts. The homes are beautiful and the relaxing, private outside area was a perfect place to unwind with a glass of wine after a busy day of sightseeing. Our room was spacious, comfortable and had a great bathroom with double sinks that we loved. The breakfasts had a local flavor with great homemade syrups and scones. We actually extended our stay by one night since we loved it so! Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: We saw a few other rooms while there, but liked our Rosenberg Room the best. Great bathroom and ver...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple