“Murder Mystery and a great stay”

Downtown Historic Bed & Breakfasts of Albuquerque
Ranked #1 of 13 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amarillo, Texas
“Murder Mystery and a great stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here over the weekend and had a great time. Check-in was pretty simple. The owners own a couple of houses all right next to eachother so all the houses share the same nice backyard. We stayed in the Rosenberg room which is really nice, has a comfy bed and a private bathroom. I had a group of friends from work drive 4 hours to Albuquerque to do the Murder Mystery Dinner at the Spy House. It was an amazing experience and I highly recommend it. You need a minimum of 16 people to do the private dinner and everyone I spoke to from my group had a blast. The hosts were great, there is a ton of history to the house (this was where the Russian spies stayed who sold the secrets to the atomic bomb).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe806

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Steve & Kara were great hosts. The check in was easy and smooth. The Room was very clean and very spacious! Nice view from our balcony and the guests were all polite. The massages we had with our package were very relaxing. The dinner at Artichoke Café was delicious and we were in and out in an hour and a half on Valentines day! Breakfast the next morning was delicious and to enjoy it with the guests who had participated in the murder mystery dinner the night before really topped off the whole experience! Every couple near and far should spend some time here with a loved one.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Excellent clean, spacious room in the back of the house. Very quiet. Breakfasts were wonderful and varied everyday. We were within walking distance of several very good restaurants. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for the Ivy room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New Hope, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This Bed and Breakfast is wonderful - beautiful, quaint, charming, very clean, and the owner went out of his way to make my stay great. He even cooked gluten-free breakfasts for me. This was my first experience at a B&B and it definitely will not be my last.

Room Tip: I didn't see all the rooms but I would think they are all lovely.
Green Features: I was happy to see that they recycle and change linens only every four days.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Arlington, Mass. USA
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Our 3-night stay in the Heritage House was exceptional. Both the Heritage House and the Spy House (where we had breakfasts) are beautifully and interestingly adorned - the wood floors, walls, ceilings, furniture, decorations. There is plenty of comfortable common space downstairs, including 24-hour coffee/tea, and our rooms upstairs were aesthetically yet efficiently appointed. The breakfasts were awesome - different each day and very creative. They even gave us the recipe for one of the dishes. The proprietors - Steve and Kara Grant - are committed to their guests, to the inn-keeping life, to the history, and to the neighborhood. They and their assistants gave us caring individualized service from the first phone call to the last farewell. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Rose Room overlooks the street (which we liked) and has an adjunct room with a pullout couch and a s...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We did the dinner/murder mystery and it was an absolute blast! Everyone had a great time. The format was relaxed and very interactive. The house is gorgeous and full of history. Staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and very involved. The food was top notch. Overall, not to be missed!

Belen, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I wanted to surprise my husband with a unique experience for Valentine's Day, so I booked a room at the Spy House and got us two seats for the show. We stayed in the Rosenberg Room and felt like royalty. The rich decor took our breath away, and the bed was huge and comfortable That night we had the murder show, what a hoot! We met so many fun people and will be talking about it for years to come. I was concerned about dinner, as I am a vegan and I read all the reviews about how wonderful the steak was. Well, my meal was specially prepared and fit my needs exactly. It was delicious! I even got a vegan apple pancake for breakfast. Steve and Kara really know how to make their guests feel special. I highly recommend! Hey locals, if you haven't done this yet, you're missing out!