“Nice place and nice area”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #39 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I wanted a Hilton brand hotel with an indoor pool for my daughter. It has a cool, long spiral slide but the pool area is quite small. The bedding was clean and they touted their mattresses which have adjustable firmness on either side of the bed. I found the beds to be extremely firm, even when on the softest setting. The shower was very nice and spacious. The room wasn't completely cleaned though after our first night there. Also, the TV is not HD is the picture looks pretty lousy in this day and age. I did not eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Friendly staff. Nice facility. Good location. Quality experience. Thought that breakfast would come with the room though... Although Sergio, the waiter at breakfast, was extremely helpful! And the bar tender working at night as engaging and attentive.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Great all the way around. Great service, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, clean bath, great breakfast. Would defiantly stay here again!

We had a room on the north side of the hotel. Absolutely no noise from I-40. Not sure what other reviewers are talking about. We couldn't even hear any road noise when we were outside in the parking lot with a clear view of I-40.

Only thing I can say about opportunities for improvement is that hilton needs to figure out a consistent way to charge for breakfast at HGI. We stayed at three different HGI's on this trip and all three charged differently. It really isn't clear what is free if anything or what you will get charged for as part of the buffet. No complaints with this hotel, just something hilton can do better to improve the consistency of the experience for its guests.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2012

It has a good location and is in walking distance to many fine restaurants. The rooms where very nice and it was quiet, something that is important to me. The food was very nice in the mornings. I would stay there again, but I'll have to teach the chef how to make real green New Mexico chile stew. The bartender does not know what real green chile stew is, as I asked him and he said it was the very best. He was wrong, as it isn't even green.

Room Tip: If your looking for really great green chile stew try one of the smaller New Mexican restaurants
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JerryQuill
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We arrived in Albuquerque in the late evening and just needed a hotel for the night. This place had good enough reviews and we have always had pleasant experiences at Hilton Garden Inns so we gave it a shot. I read reviews before I entered so I knew: for a quiet room, you MUST ask to stay on the side of the hotel that faces AWAY from I-40. Unless you are from a huge city and are used to noise when you sleep, you must ask to have a room that does not face the interstate. Don't worry, just ask, the staff is used to this question. If one is not available, the front desk clerk told us that there is 1 room on the interstate-side that has double paned windows and is quiet. Try asking for that one!

Anyway, when we arrived, they had freely-available, freshly baked cookies on the desk for guests (nice perk!). The front desk clerk was really nice and helpful, she even went into the kitchen to nab us chocolate chip cookies, because only sugar and peanut butter were on the desk. She let us know that the hotel grounds are very safe...they have security that patrols the grounds and parking lot all night (which is great if you're driving across country and have a car filled with your life). We checked into our room and found it a normal room side but certainly comfy. We found that the beds were comfortable and all the room and bathroom linens were clean.

Breakfast wasn't free but we went to the Einstein Bagels that is just a few minutes from the hotel. We enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that do not face I-40. If there aren't any available, there is one room that faces...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The gm was unwilling to help with a reservation issue. Kept passing the buck and unprofessional. So upsetting this diamond member will never stay at another Hilton property. A $140 issue has cost Hilton $20,000 a year, real smart.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Prbob1
Julie T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you so much for your concern and for contacting us. We certainly understand the frustrations of travel and changing plans! However, you received a greatly discounted pre-paid rate. As per Hilton, no changes can be made to the reservation after 72 hours of making it. I am so sorry that did not work out for you in this case. We hope you will return on your next trip to Albuquerque.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stayed here last fall and it was fine but this trip we woke up with back aches in the morning and tossed and turned all night. The dials did not work for bed adjustments so not a good sleep at all. Breakfast was good. Just an average hotel stay. Towels were clean and the room was clean. Had a room not facing highway so no noise heard.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brannie
Julie T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Thank you so much, Brannie, for choosing to stay with us again! And thank you for your nice comments about our hotel, with the exception of your bed. I am so sorry you had a problem with it! Please feel free to call me at the hotel and identify your room to me, so that we can address the repair need. We look forward to having you back and making it a great stay!