“Nice and clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #39 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here recently while visiting family. Our room was nice and everything was clean. Unfortunately, the beds are the sleep number variety and I have found those to be extremely uncomfortable. The bed felt very hard, even when I kept dialing down the number until I reached the last setting. I didn't sleep well the entire time we were there. Our heater didn't work and the coffee pot quit working. After several attempts to fix the heater, we were moved to a different room. The management graciously upgraded our room from a king to a king suite for the inconvenience. (The coffee maker was replaced.) Overall, we liked the hotel and the service, but the beds were a negative for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The staff is wonderful the location is excellent with Interstate access on/off less than two blocks away. Full service restaurant. Very clean but sometimes the elevators do not cooperate. Close to major shopping malls and many other food establishments.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is by far the best Hilton Garden I have stayed at. The ammenities were excellent, staff was awesome and breakfast was the best I've tasted!! I highly recommend this hotel, it is quiet, hospitiable and best nights' sleep I've had in a hotel on a business trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Easy to find, and close to I-40. Great room, asked for & got room away from road - very well presented/cleaned, friendly staff, good breakfast, and at a good rate (though sounds like that was luck due to not being busy weekend). Comfiest hotel bed I've had in a while. Quick check-in, and quick turnaround in breakfast in morning. Just what we wanted.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stopped here for one night on the way back to Texas from the Grand Canyon. We made the reservation a bit blind having not been to Albuquerque and booked on our trust of the brand. Having had a full day of sightseeing and driving, it was nice to see we made a good choice. The facility was clean and folks at the hotel were very knowledgable and kind. We were upgraded to a king suite that was away from the highway. We did not have breakfast here but it looked very good and their dining area was quiet large. This location is very accessible just off I 40 and very close to plenty of shopping. Would recommend this location and would stay here again in a future visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is a treasure. Walkable to many great places to eat. A great Italian place next door and several others down the street.
Shopping is two blocks away with boutiques and chain store available

Room Tip: One caution, the Interstate side of the hotel is noisy and has light pollution.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is a nice property in a great location. It's close to shopping and plenty of places to eat. I was actually upgraded to a Jr. suite which was nice. However, the bed was not very comfortable and in fact was sagging. What is it with Hilton properties and their beds? I usually would stay at Double Trees but was told to try Garden Inns as their beds are much better. Well this wasn’t the case here and why I'm rating this as average. I'm think I'm going to have to call Paris and tell her to focus on the basic things that we all want. I believe the two most important things most travelers seek, is a clean room and a comfortable bed. Oh this includes pillows too! Followed by a HVAC that doesn’t sound like a Harley-Davidson. With just a few more stay I'll be a Hilton Gold member but I'm seriously considering taking a look at Hyatt or Marriott. On a positive note the staff was great as was the breakfast.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 623.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business