“Favorite Hotel”

Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #18 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have been to ABQ seven times and have stayed downtown, uptown and at the airport. If you have a car and don't mind driving around to experience the city, the Hyatt Place at the Airport is for you. If you want to spend a bit more to be in the center of a fabulous area, the Hyatt Place uptown is for you. With Hyatt Place, you can't lose. You get a generous room with breakfast. You can even order food in the lobby. I have stayed at Hyatt Place all across the US and it is my favorite hotel because it feels like home. The only negative about the Airport was that I had a little difficulty finding the correct exit. Once you learn that the hotel is on University Ave, you'll enjoy a comfortable stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I have travelled to Albuquerque 5 times in the last year and have stayed here 3 of those times. Each time I have been impressed with this hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and well maintained. The breakfast is great and stays of 4 nights does not create the feeling of monotony. They have staples each day, but they also rotate the "main course" at breakfast.
Beds are comfortable and each time we've been there, it has been quiet.
We were also lucky, on this last trip, to catch a large discount for prepaying the stay.
All in all, this is our "go to" hotel when in Albuquerque. We'll be back there in a couple of months and we're looking forward to staying at the Hyatt Place Airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I drove to Albuquerque for a weekend getaway. I chose The Hyatt Place due to its good reviews, good deal I received on Southwest Airlines website and its location . We were not dissapointed. We arrived late on a Friday night . The staff was friendly and prompt. Our room was nice and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel does have a small bar located next to the front desk.Unfortunately they stop serving alcohol at 11 pm and only serves beer and wine. The hotel does have 24/7 food service and the prices are quite reasonable. There is a free breakfast served every morning which is good.Overall I would stay at the Hyatt Place again. Once again the staff was very professional and courteous.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I enjoyed my 5 night stay at this hotel. The rooms, lobby and exercise room were all clean (meeting my expectations). The shuttle drivers are amazingly punctual and friendly- taking guests to and from various locations within a five mile radius!

After I returned, I received an email asking for my feedback. I did mention a small issue and the manager contacted me immediatelyl!

I have always been a fan of the Hyatt brand and will continue to be a loyal customer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown and/or the mountains
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Although not everything was perfect, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff was so warm, friendly, and helpful and that makes such a difference. They responded quickly and effectively to our requests. Very convenient shuttle service to airport and nearby locations. Very nice room. My friend who travels a lot remarked on how comfortable the bed matress was, and I agreed. Clean room, with a nice sitting area, a big screen TV (which we never turned on), a great shower, a nice view out the window. A decent breakfast bar. All for a reasonable price. We did not notice any airport noise.

Room Tip: We had a nice view without asking. Not sure what other rooms looked out at, so you might want to ask...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We selected this property for airport proximity to catch an early morning flight. The room was spacious and well appointed. We weren't excited about the cafe menu, and asked the desk clerk for a recommendation. She asked what type of cuisine, and for our last night in New Mexico we wanted Mexican food.
Her referral to Cervantes was great, good food, easy to find thanks to her good directions, and a nice atmosphere.
Our only regret was we only had one night at this superior hotel.

Room Tip: We requested a high floor away from the elevator, got a very quiet room which we appreciated.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Friendly staff, convenient to airport and rental car return, handy shuttle service (airport and within 5 mile radius), attractive, clean, nice breakfast buffet, 24 hour dining and cafe options, outdoor pool and small fitness center. The standard double beds might feel a little small for 2 large adults to share but the mattresses were comfortable, the bathroom was small but adequate, the fridge, coffee bar, seating area, tv and desk areas are roomy. I rented a car for 2 of the 3 days I was there since I needed to get around town for some water polo matches at UNM and I wanted to go old town and nob hill, but if you were in Albuquerque for a night, you wouldn't need a rental car because the hotel shuttle service is convenient and fast to many restaurants, even to the university area. Some people might be concerned about the safety of the area but the hotel is located in a secure and modern industrial park area, well lit and fenced. No restaurants within walking distance but the hotel has a 24 hr menu that was reasonably priced. I got a great rate on this room, 20% off for a 3 night stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family