“once you find it, it's nice”

Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #15 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“once you find it, it's nice”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Close to the airport car rental location, at night in the snow it's not easy to reach, but real easy to see. I circled twice and missed cocktail time that closed at 11 pm. Nice room, nice coffee/ tea service in the room and a mini frig. Breakfast was mostly egg sandwiches of various compositions no bisquits and gravy, but maybe I need to head further south for that. Quiet, clean, great housekeeping service, and the desk guides were excellent. Lots of safe parking. I travel to Albuquerque regularly and this is my go to hotel from now on and I stayed for a week! No spa no room service, byob. $65 is a great deal.

Room Tip: Third floor near the elevator mountain view, very quiet. No room service. No spa. Cold pool in Janua...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights. Large and clean rooms with small kitchen. Very close to Coronado Mall and ABQ uptown. Lots of restaurants. You can go shopping without taking the car. 20 minutes form the aiport. Helpful and friendly staff. Good breakfast. Advisable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed here for the first time on a 1-nt quick trip to Albuquerque. I too expected more perhaps because of the Hyatt name, but was kind of disappointed by a few shortcomings. I will say that for the price I paid, the suite room was very large and pretty nicely decorated - you would never get a room that big for that price in Europe, for example. Cons: neither lamp between the beds would work when plugged in; when I informed the front desk upon checkout, I was told, "Those outlets are made so that only one plug in the outlet works." ?? What is that?? Why wouldn't you fix that problem? Also, the cleaning staff had forgotten to empty the large trash can under the sink, it looked like trash from the previous few guests was in there, including food sacks. The towels were pretty rough/not soft, and I thought it a little strange that the sink was in the bedroom and not the bathroom. For me though, the worst part was finding other peoples' hair on several of the pillows on one of the beds and one on the floor in the bathroom upon checking in. I always look for this, and hate when I find it - it makes me feel like if there is hair on the pillows, did they REALLY change the linens before I checked into that room or just make the bed? Ugh. Unacceptable for a Hyatt (or any hotel really). The toiletries were also sparse, and when I asked for lotion I was told they were out. (How hard is it to send someone to go get more lotion if they need it...) The other thing I would really suggest they change is to invest in a thermostat-regulated heating/cooling system for each room. The one in my room you had to leave on all the time on one setting or another - so you had to keep changing it when you got too cool or too warm (including in the middle of the night). It would save them money and also be more convenient for guests. The breakfast room and bar at the front desk did look nice and inviting, clean. This is probably a convenient option if you're looking for something close to the airport, but they do need to work on making some positive changes.

Room Tip: I had a room facing south, which has no view to speak of. If you want a view of the city and downtow...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I'm surprised to say this place was average. I expected more only because it carried the name Hyatt. Customer service was great. Rooms are nice and clean and spacious.

The linens were quite old, a lot of holes in them and pillows very soft that it didn't make a great night sleep. The hotel room itself felt a little bit older, bathroom didn't have a vent and very small with the old 1970s hollow wooden doors.

Otherwise, they had everything that I really needed to get by just for a nights stay. the shuttle service I wish carried on longer. I coudln't get pick up from the airport, no taxi's at the late hour so it made it difficult.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was a quick place for place to stay near the airport. The room was clean, except lack of toiletries, maybe the maids forget to put in the room. They had a little breakfast bar and regular bar, neither of these I used so I can't comment. The check in process was quick, and the shuttle service to the airport ran on time. The room was fine and in good condition. I thought it was a bit expensive to the value though. Other than that all was okay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I was here only for 1 night. It is identical to other hyatt place I've stayed. The reliability on the brand is there. The only thing I did not see was the express check in kiosk not sure if they have them. Check in process was excellent my room was ready and available. The room was in excellent condition and the hotel is right on the airport. It is also very close to many restaurants and if you are in the mood of drinks and hanging out there are plenty of places in less than 12 minute drive. Check out was good and the staff was very attentive. They serve Starbucks coffee and I ordered one. It was excellent as well. I will come back next time I'm in town.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo