“Great Stay”

Ranked #17 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Alexandria
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I styaed here two nights in June as part of a cross-country trip. The hotel, albeit VERY hard to find from the main road, was great! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spacious, clean, and modern.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Socorro, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Please know that I'm comparing this property to Hilton's line since I'm highest tier at both Hilton and Hyatt. My upgrades and/or room has been superior at Hilton properties. I realize that Hyatt Place are all-suite rooms, I was first given one at the very end of the hallway across from the ice machine.. ???? I then asked to be moved and got, yet again, a room at the other end, the very end, of the hallway, across from a Staff closet which when they open and close their door makes our door shutter. Fun. This just reflects poorly on the staff and training.

ROOMS - I like the arrangement. I wish they hadn't had to retrofit these from what used to be an Amerisuites. I think some details were left out and the color scheme & lighting are an odd match, but a lot of people seem to like it. It's more fluorescent lighting then I can handle! Also, for housekeeping, the writing desk has loose legs and wobbles everywhere, the bathroom faucet is loose and you can literally pick it up out of it's casing. The towels aren't exactly Hyatt quality. The BEST aspect of the room is certainly the 48" Plasma TV and the wraparound couch.. That's really nice.

POOL: I didn't use it but it looks refreshing. This place could really use a whirlpool spa.

LOBBY: Pretty cool. We didn't use the self-check-in kiosk but should have. I'm sure I would have chosen a better location. The coffee/wine/beer/cheese/snack bar is neat. I love the wraparound design of check-in, snack-bar and grab and go area. I was a little confused as to where to go check-in until we saw others go in the right direction.

All in all, I'll probably still stay at a Hilton property over this one. I always feel my loyalty rewarded much better at their properties.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
West Covina, California
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Staff were very helpful! Our room on the 4th floor was quiet and the beds were comfortable. The lobby and elevators had a very strong scent that had been applied which irritated my asthma. The room was clean but the rug had stains, the shower could use a little elbow grease to get the mold and stains out. Ice was located on the 3rd and 5th floor only which was very inconvenient. Other than that it's in a great location, staff is knowledgeable of local restaurants, sites and events. The breakfast area was not kept clean or stocked and if you are short like me dishes, bowls and cups may be out of your reach. If you wanted a hot breakfast you could order it from a computer screen. Maybe it’s just me but ordering a breakfast from a machine is a little impersonal.

• Stayed October 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here last weekend after arriving in Albuquerque late in the evening and having an early flight the next morning. Our room on the 14th floor was lovely, nice and bright, loads of lamps, large work desk, and very comfy king bed with down pillows. The bathroom is quite small but adequate. The room was the nicest of all the 3 star hotels we had stayed at while touring Northern New Mexico. Check in was easy even though there was only one staff member taking care of everyone checking in, other guests asking questions, and even more guests paying for items from the 'snack' bar. We didn't try the breakfast. Check out took about 30 seconds.
My husband mistakingly left his mobile phone in the room. I called the hotel from the airport, Basia (sp) took my # and called back within 5 mins to say they had found the phone and offered to have the driver of the airport suttle bus bring it by for us. As we had already gone through security which seemed to be particularly slow that day, and didn't want to take the chance of missing our flight, Basia offered to mail the phone to us... she was so pleasant and not 'put out' in the least. True to her word the phone arrived a few days later. What exceptional service! I would without a doubt recommend the Hyatt Place and would absolutely stay there again. Thank you Basia.

• Liked — Modern bright design. Wifi. Excellent lighting. Very comfy bed w/down pillows.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
OKC
Reviewed 24 August 2009

our GPS had no problem locating the hotel.

my husband wanted to buy a beer and bring it up to the room so he can just relax in the room but was told the bar only serve guests at the bar and will not allow us to bring our drink to the room. wow! we understand when no outside alcohol allowed inside the hotel premise but not even their own liquor in the room? it's a little extreme and totally unneccesary. not to mention we were not buying 6 packs, we just wanted 1 beer for each of us. i understand that previous hotel guest have had issues with certain staff so i guess it is just a personal issue.

complimentary continental breakfast was unexpected and adequate, fresh fruits were not actually fresh but again i was happy with just the milk, juice and bread. if you want hot breakfast you can order on site, price is very reasonable compare to if you are to eat outside the hotel.

overall i would give it a 5 if it's not the separate incident.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Oooooh! Based on our recent stay at the Hyatt Place in Albuquerque, I think I have a new favorite hotel chain! Other than being a little difficult to find, we loved every minute of our stay at this hotel.

When we arrived, I utilized the self-check-in kiosk near the entry. With a swipe of my credit card, I was able to choose the location of our room (lower, middle or higher floor) and received a receipt with the room number, directions for finding it, and two hotel keys. Loved it!

When we opened the door to our room, my kids said, "I LOVE IT!" The room decor was very attractive, very trendy, and very comfortable. We loved the large sectional sofa that faced a 48-inch HD TV, and my husband and I loved the remarkably comfortable king-size bed. It was separated from the fold-out sofa by a half wall, and the privacy was very welcome, especially at the end of our six day road trip.

There was a yummy free breakfast, although hot entrees were available for purchase. The breakfast bar consisted of fresh fruit, various cereals, toast, English muffis, bagels, yogurt and various beverages. Everything was fresh and the breakfast room was clean and attractive.

I would love to stay at a Hyatt Place again and have recommended this chain already to several friends.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank 2Kids4Dogs
Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2009

It's been said in other reviews but its true. The rooms are great. They are very large and include everything you could possibly need for any type of stay (business or leisure). Of course I liked the kitchen and desk area as I was travelling for business. The front desk staff were awesome. Very helpful and friendly. They always gave advice and directions. Another nice feature of the hotel was that along with their shuttle taking you to and from the airport it would take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. This meant you could be dropped off in the Nob Hill area. My mom who came to visit while I was working did this and set the drop off/pick up was very timely. The breakfast was average for a contiental breakfast. I never purchased any extra food items but on Wednesday night they offered some free food items including bottled water and pop that they usually charged $2.50 for. My one complaint about the hotel is that I thought housekeeping could have been better. I was staying for four nights and would have liked another bar of soap, more shampoo, etc. I was never around during the day to ask for these items and also did not think I needed to ask if housekeeping was doing as good of a jobs as other areas of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business