“Spacious & modern hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #16 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Goulburn
“Spacious & modern hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

On check in I was given a tour of the ground floor area & shown where all the services were. The staff at all times were extremely friendly yet professional.
My room was very spacious, was just as described on website. I had a slight problem with the toilet & because of this they gave me a substantial discount which was expected but also appreciated.
Although a little out of the main part of the town it was still easy to find all the sights easily.
I enjoyed my stay here very much.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank HappyAussieGbn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

Extremely close to airport, shuttle was very prompt. All hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was the usual spread, but was plentiful and fresh. You will need a car if you plan to go anywhere at all. Room was very clean, had the biggest TV I have ever seen in a hotel room. The only thing I didn't like was the the window was not able to be opened and the AC vent blew directly on one half of the bed - my half in this case!
The pool could have been cleaner.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ivy1954
Salem, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

We'd stayed at another Hyatt Place, back in Michigan. This hotel was pretty much the same. Very new looking, the bed was super comfortable and we loved the split setup with the couch area and bed. The TV was awesome too. Would definitely stay at another one if the opportunity arises.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Alexandria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

I styaed here two nights in June as part of a cross-country trip. The hotel, albeit VERY hard to find from the main road, was great! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spacious, clean, and modern.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Socorro, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

Please know that I'm comparing this property to Hilton's line since I'm highest tier at both Hilton and Hyatt. My upgrades and/or room has been superior at Hilton properties. I realize that Hyatt Place are all-suite rooms, I was first given one at the very end of the hallway across from the ice machine.. ???? I then asked to be moved and got, yet again, a room at the other end, the very end, of the hallway, across from a Staff closet which when they open and close their door makes our door shutter. Fun. This just reflects poorly on the staff and training.

ROOMS - I like the arrangement. I wish they hadn't had to retrofit these from what used to be an Amerisuites. I think some details were left out and the color scheme & lighting are an odd match, but a lot of people seem to like it. It's more fluorescent lighting then I can handle! Also, for housekeeping, the writing desk has loose legs and wobbles everywhere, the bathroom faucet is loose and you can literally pick it up out of it's casing. The towels aren't exactly Hyatt quality. The BEST aspect of the room is certainly the 48" Plasma TV and the wraparound couch.. That's really nice.

POOL: I didn't use it but it looks refreshing. This place could really use a whirlpool spa.

LOBBY: Pretty cool. We didn't use the self-check-in kiosk but should have. I'm sure I would have chosen a better location. The coffee/wine/beer/cheese/snack bar is neat. I love the wraparound design of check-in, snack-bar and grab and go area. I was a little confused as to where to go check-in until we saw others go in the right direction.

All in all, I'll probably still stay at a Hilton property over this one. I always feel my loyalty rewarded much better at their properties.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
West Covina, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

Staff were very helpful! Our room on the 4th floor was quiet and the beds were comfortable. The lobby and elevators had a very strong scent that had been applied which irritated my asthma. The room was clean but the rug had stains, the shower could use a little elbow grease to get the mold and stains out. Ice was located on the 3rd and 5th floor only which was very inconvenient. Other than that it's in a great location, staff is knowledgeable of local restaurants, sites and events. The breakfast area was not kept clean or stocked and if you are short like me dishes, bowls and cups may be out of your reach. If you wanted a hot breakfast you could order it from a computer screen. Maybe it’s just me but ordering a breakfast from a machine is a little impersonal.

• Stayed October 2009
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here last weekend after arriving in Albuquerque late in the evening and having an early flight the next morning. Our room on the 14th floor was lovely, nice and bright, loads of lamps, large work desk, and very comfy king bed with down pillows. The bathroom is quite small but adequate. The room was the nicest of all the 3 star hotels we had stayed at while touring Northern New Mexico. Check in was easy even though there was only one staff member taking care of everyone checking in, other guests asking questions, and even more guests paying for items from the 'snack' bar. We didn't try the breakfast. Check out took about 30 seconds.
My husband mistakingly left his mobile phone in the room. I called the hotel from the airport, Basia (sp) took my # and called back within 5 mins to say they had found the phone and offered to have the driver of the airport suttle bus bring it by for us. As we had already gone through security which seemed to be particularly slow that day, and didn't want to take the chance of missing our flight, Basia offered to mail the phone to us... she was so pleasant and not 'put out' in the least. True to her word the phone arrived a few days later. What exceptional service! I would without a doubt recommend the Hyatt Place and would absolutely stay there again. Thank you Basia.

• Liked — Modern bright design. Wifi. Excellent lighting. Very comfy bed w/down pillows.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)