“Wonderful service”

Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #18 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We were very impressed by the level of service we received at this hotel. The very friendly shuttle driver dropped us off and picked us up at a downtown restaurant - very handy considering there is no restaurant in the hotel! The room was very clean, modern and the big tv was a bonus.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2010

Everything was perfect. We were even able to check-in at noon!!! How about a 42" LG flatscreen? I could go on and on. Has everything you need, want, and have to have. Service was A+++++

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 27 December 2009

We stayed in this hotel for one night after flying into Albuquerque to visit family and to go to some National Parks. We also stayed there on the night before we flew home. No problem with reservation, staff or room. The bathrooms are tiny, and the first one we stayed in had the grab bar in the tub at an unreachable end of the tub (blocked by the toilet).

The problems started when I tried to make a phone call. It was the most prohibitive price I have ever paid anywhere in the world to make a 2 minute call out of State - $11. For the next call, which was to the desk of our car rental company at the airport, I needed a phone number. I did not want to call information - that is expensive. There was no phone book in the room. I called down to the desk and the manager answered. She told me they don't have phone books - people use their computers. I didn't travel with my laptop. I asked her to look up the number. She spent 5 entire minutes on the computer while I waited and she couldn't find the correct number. Finally, in not the best tone of voice, I suggested she find a phone book. She did, and she found the number.

When we went downstairs at the end of the trip to print out boarding passes, there were several people using the computers to find information about Albuquerque not available anywhere in the hotel. This was coincidentally the week of the Hot Air Balloon Festival - yet these guests were angry that the hotel offerred no list of restaurants or other things they wanted That did not affect us, but it should be known that this is a hotel for techno folk.

I consider myself very computer literate; I travel with a cell phone (one that has me roaming out of my area - thus it is used only for emergencies) - but I did not have the savvy to stay there. They are so techno oriented that it turned me away.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I have now stayed at this Hyatt Place four times, and it is consistently very good.
Likes: It's really close to the Albq. Sunport (5 minutes by private car, 10 by shuttle service); rooms are very quiet; it's reasonably priced for a suite-size room, and a 48" flat screen; FREE wireless internet that works well from all of the rooms I have stayed in; very comfortable bed; in the king bed rooms, there is a reading light above each side of the bed that focuses directly down, allowing one to read but not disturb a companion; serve Seattle's Best coffee.

Dislikes: All of the Hyatt Places must use a scented air "freshener" because they all seem to have the same smell. At times, this is bothersome.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank DavidBradley
Reviewed 14 November 2009

On check in I was given a tour of the ground floor area & shown where all the services were. The staff at all times were extremely friendly yet professional.
My room was very spacious, was just as described on website. I had a slight problem with the toilet & because of this they gave me a substantial discount which was expected but also appreciated.
Although a little out of the main part of the town it was still easy to find all the sights easily.
I enjoyed my stay here very much.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank HappyAussieGbn
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Extremely close to airport, shuttle was very prompt. All hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was the usual spread, but was plentiful and fresh. You will need a car if you plan to go anywhere at all. Room was very clean, had the biggest TV I have ever seen in a hotel room. The only thing I didn't like was the the window was not able to be opened and the AC vent blew directly on one half of the bed - my half in this case!
The pool could have been cleaner.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivy1954
Reviewed 21 October 2009

We'd stayed at another Hyatt Place, back in Michigan. This hotel was pretty much the same. Very new looking, the bed was super comfortable and we loved the split setup with the couch area and bed. The TV was awesome too. Would definitely stay at another one if the opportunity arises.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple