“Mom liked it!”

American International Rattlesnake Museum
Ranked #20 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum houses the world's largest collection of different species of live rattlesnakes and aims to correct common reptilian misconceptions.
Reviewed 15 November 2013

There was a family reunion in Michigan. Since my mom is 86 years old, I decided to spend some time with her, so we drove back to California. (Okay, it was actually me who did all the driving.) The highlight of the roadtrip, according to my mom, was the Oklahoma City National Memorial, the fountain show at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, and the Rattlesnake Museum. I concur that the American International Rattlesnake Museum is interesting and unique. The owner of the shop is very friendly and informative if you take the time to talk with him. While my mom and I are not particularly found of snakes, especially rattlesnakes, you will see and learn about the different varieties of rattlesnakes. And the snakes are alive, not stuffed. The modest entrance price to view the snakes is $5.00 for adults, and $4.00 for seniors. As a sidenote, I am happy to report that neither my mom or I had dreams about rattlesnakes after viewing this attraction a few weeks ago!

There are newer reviews for American International Rattlesnake Museum

Reviewed 20 October 2013

In the shop area before you go into the museum part it looks like you'll just be going into one tiny room and the whole thing could be a tourist rip off. But it has tardis-like qualities and is actually well worth 45 minutes or so and really good value. Many different live snakes, with information both for kids and grown-ups, plus lots of assorted snake/reptile related art and memorabilia. All surprisingly good!

2  Thank MattDavies2000
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A small, cluttered museum but with lots of displays. It was interesting to study the snakes. A little seedy place though.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Rattlesnake Museum is a Must see when you visit albq. I been quite a few times, went yesterday with my brother,niece,and nephew. We were also lucky to talk with Bob, who is the director of the museum. Very knowledgeable guy, the museum couldnt be in better hands. Wether you live in Albq, or just passing threw, be sure too check out the The Rattlesnake Museum, an be sure to get a T-Shirt.

1  Thank Hunter D
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was a place that you should not think twice about visiting if you are feeling brave! Charming place and owner and a place with a sense of humour. If you are brave enough to visit you get a little certificate to show your folks! A wide range of creatures that I had never seen before and they looked like they were being as well looked after as possible. Everything from black widow spiders to turtles and of course snakes reside in here so it is of course not for everyone. Be warned!