“Fun time out in the desert!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Ranked #57 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Fun time out in the desert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Route 66 Hotel and Casino was a blast. The rooms were very nice and the beds were comfortable. Big plus was the refrigerator in the room. Casino was fun with various choices for meals. I would stay again!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank nmwxgirl79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I have been wanting to stay here for years and finally got the chance last night. I always stop here for a little driving break when heading between Indiana & Arizona so finally decided to stay. The room is very nice. It is clean and quite large and comes with a fridge and coffee pot. The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The big downfall...you hear everything the person in the next room is doing and saying. The connecting doors have got to be hollow and extremely cheap! Sounds like the people next door are talking to me. Other than that it is a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Maybe ask to be in a room that doesn't have a connecting room attached to it.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KIP1958
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

New to casino. Whole family signed p for the rewards card and got some really great perks. Very cheap hotel, $89 a night, had babysitting for the baby. The buffet, OMG, $8.99... Seriously? It was so worth the 9 bucks. Dessert was disappointing but food made up for it. Very nice rooms and indoor pool available.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeremy W
abq,nm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

There was a Heartland Poker Tour stop at route 66 this week so I decided to try my luck.I live about 30 miles from this casion so I booked a room.At first glance I was expecting a Motel 6 type of room,what a shock when I arrived I was greated with warm smiles and a very friendly check in.Now for the room,In the standard room it boast flat screen T.V.s mini frige coffee maker comp.water,room was about 400 sq.ft.nice pillow top matress no smells clean bath rooms,maid service every day.So if your ever passing through on I 40 about 20 miles from ABQ I would highly recommend this little jewel,oh and the prices are very resonable.

Room Tip: standard rooms are very nice,I know they have suites but did not see one.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Napoleonville, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Nice accommodations and restaurant selections. Only thing was a LOT of noise (yelling, slamming doors) at two times during the night on 6th floor. Security came the first time, but an hour or so later, there was more disturbance. We called to report and Security came up right away.
I would stay here again. The casino was fun, too. Really nice gift shop of Route 66 memorabilia.

Strange--toilet in room had no cover. First time we'd seen this.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JudieKu
Oswego, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is a nice Hotel & Casino-with easy on/off of interstate. If you are using a Garmin-Don't GO BY it's DIRECTIONS! Hotel rooms are really nice- comfortable bed- with small frig.and a free safe. Only problem with bath is toilets don/t have a cover. Last 2 times here I used my laptop with their free internet- my computer became infected. Casino is very user friendly - lots of machines and very clean. Only problem was with cash/tickets machines- at one time only 1 worked in the whole casino. Resturants are good- had a good meal at Thunder Road Steakhouse & Cantina. Also has a Buffett and Johnny Rockets. Price is very reasonable and people are friendly. Nice spot to stop after being on the road all day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denny B
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a very fun casino and hotel conveniently off interstate 40 and only half an hour or so from downtown Albuquerque. The rooms are clean and comfortable and very reasonably priced. The staff is courteous, helpful and unfailingly friendly. There are a wide variety of gambling options for slot players from pennies to $25 in denominations and my money seems to last and on occasion I have left with considerably more than I came with.
The dining options are good and the food well-above average. The Thunder Road Steakhouse and Cantina has simply outstanding food and a lot of fun Margarita and beer options, including a surprisingly good Jalapeno Margarita. The steaks were always prepared just as we ordered them and are tender flavorful and very reasonably priced. During a recent visit my wife and I were so impressed that we sent our compliments to the chef, who promptly came out and thanked us and talked about his recipes. The servers are friendly and attentive and our server Dana even remembered us from a previous visit. The restaurant also had an excellent house band that did really excellent covers of music from the 70's and 80's..
The guests here tend to be middle-age and are friendly and mellow, people speak to you in the elevators! This place really is a gem and well worth spending the night if you happen to be passing on the interstate and even worth making a detour of several hours to get there. We have stayed four times, never been disappointed and look forward to our next visit. I highly recommend this hotel and Casino!

Room Tip: Rooms facing north have an impressive view of the Interstate but are far enough away that noise isn...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family