“I love this casnio” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Route 66 Casino Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Ranked #47 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Chino Valley, Arizona, United States
“I love this casnio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stop by here every time i am driving by. Even the gas station is nice.
The rooms are just regular looking! They are bigger small casnio but very friendly people working there! Chirsty at the middle bar was extra nuce. I wish u could order food there too! Make sure u have ur ID with u! Lots of rules there.
They have a buffet, johning rockets and a snack bar.
Bottomline : stop and see

• Stayed November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Gainesville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We drive to Las Vegas from Oklahoma and make Albuquerque our midway stop. We booked a queen room at RT66 Casino and Hotel. We had a queen room on the 4th floor facing the parking lot/IH40. The room is a nice size and had a refrigerator and a nice size flat screen TV. The bathroom had a large marble sink area and a shower/tub combo with the bent shower rod...which was nice. The room is reasonably priced. We went to the Buffet and was very surprised how good all the food was and the selection was great. If you get a Players Card you will get a discount. We did play a few slot machines and of course they are like everywhere else on the penny slots...tight...tight...tight. We played the higher dominations and they at least gave us play for our money. Pretty much all of the Casinos have seen how popular all the Penny Slots are and they have made them so tight it's hard to enjoy playing them unless you bet the 25 cent a spin minimum. Once you raise your bet to 75 cents or $1.25 a spin they shut down tighter than a drum. For me, I cannot play slots at the minimum...it's just way to boring. Overall, the hotel and buffet were really good and you get a great value...just stay away from the slots and you might get out with some money.

Room Tip: Get a Players Club Card to save yourself money on their Buffet. The Food is very good and you get m...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karen L
Ruidoso, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

When our organization booked a conference at this property I was very unhappoy. It is not conveniently located for the members of our organization and I had concerns about being in a smokey casino hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations; the room was comfortable, had a good quality bed & great water pressure in the shower. The restaurant food was good but nothing special. The catered luncheon at our conference was excellent - although the service was very slow & as a result the 1st speaker's presentation was delayed by 1/2 hour. All in all, this was a better experience than I had anticipated.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ruidoso1
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Conveniently located just west of Albuquerque. Stayed midweek and received a good rate on the room. This left a few extra bucks in my pocket which ended up in the slots! Great selection in the buffet. Don't forget to sign up for a comp card!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GoNorthToAlaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Booked the hotel online based on other reviews and recommendations from our friends. When we arrived, we noticed the AAA sign and asked if we could get that rate instead. The staff was extremely helpful and changed our booking to include the AAA discount. The hotel is attached to a casino (hotel does not allow alcohol but it is available in the cantina) and we were pleased that the smoke smell was not overwhelming as some other casinos. The casino was clean and well appointed with machines/tables. It also offered free drinks and coffee. The room was very spacious and clean. Updated TVs and the phone even had our name on the screen (nice personal touch). So glad that we stayed here and we will definitely be back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Garbarts
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stop at the Route 66 Casino Hotel going to and returning from Scottsdale, AZ. Very clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. Casino and lots of choices for food. Relaxing break on the drive and all staff we have encountered are most pleasant.

Room Tip: Higher up tends to be more quiet. . .
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coappleby1
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Having missed a connection with someone at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta I decided to stop at the Route 66 Casino and get something to eat before driving on. I've driven by for years, but that will not be happening any longer!!
There was a huge line for the buffet so I went into the Thunder Road Steakhouse. I ordered the ribeye and was shocked at its size when I was served. It was seasoned and cooked to absolute perfection! Every bite was amazing. It was 1 1/2" thick and at least 1.5 pounds. In the end I couldn't even finish it.
Its been over a week since I stopped, but I can still taste every bite. Possibly one of the best steaks I've ever had.

Stayed October 2013