“Excellent stay.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Ranked #53 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night whilst travelling through Albuquerque.

You can't travel through Albuquerque without spending a night here!

Pros:
Free parking and wifi.
-Speedy check-in/out.
-Modern and spacious rooms.
-Amazing beds!
-Lots of things to do on site.
-The steakhouse restaurant is very nice.
-Affordable rates.
-Bathroom supplements.

Cons:
-Location.
-Breakfast.

Would absolutely stay here again, and highly recommend others to do the same.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank LindamariH

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was our 2nd hotel stop on an 11 day vacation. Nice big room, big TV, and whirlpool bathtub. Valet parking and bell service for our luggage. Check in and check out very quick. We ate at the buffet, food and service were great. Would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 8 June 2014

All the way out of town on I-40 West to Exit 140 is the Route 66 Casino Hotel. Check-in was fast and easy, bell hop and valet services were available. The room featured a king size bed with a huge TV and refer. (Bring your own adult beverage from town - as package is not sold within ten miles). The Hotel has several bars and restaurants to choose from. You can't go wrong at any of them - I tried them all...Lots of gaming to choose from also. The buffet was crowded but had a great selection of foods. The Johnny Rockets Diner (60's style) has great Green Chilli Cheeseburgers and fries. The Main Street Restaurant is your standard type of restaurant (Denny's style) with breakfast, lunch and dinner. All the food establishments have reasonable prices. MAKE SURE TO GET A PLAYERS CARD BEFORE EATING. Our buffet was $10 for two at dinner. Over all a VERY NICE place and great accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Justj700
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The rooms were clean and adequate. They are typical for a hotel that is attached to a casino. There were issues with the card keys, they kept deactivating. And when you're tired and want to go to bed, the last thing you want to do is track down to the lobby to get a the key reactivated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 29 May 2014

In late April, we enjoyed a 2 night stay at Route 66 Casino & Hotel. Our room was clean & comfortable with excellent linens. Valet service was convenient. Highlight of trip was Heart Concert. Amazing venue!! Hotel is located 15-20 minutes west of Albuquerque....not an issue with so much to do on property.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I made reservations a few months before oor planned trip in May 2014 to stay on our way to and from Las Vegas on the 15th and 21st of May. Just before our trip my credit card was hacked and raised a red flag at the credit card company since I live in Nebraska and the card was used in Dallas TX at a Target store twice. When I called and verified the fraud, the credit card company cancelled the card and issued me a new one but since it was too close to the planned trip the card did not arrive in the mail when I left. When I got to the Route 66 Hotel they asked for a credit card. I then explained what had happened and that I was going to pay in cash. They got the manager and after explaining my story over again she reluctantly gave me waiver but since I had another reservation for 21 May she forced me to cancel it. As a result of this I will never set foot in the Route 66 Casino Hotel ever again. It use to be one of our favorite stops on the way to Las Vegas but never again.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The overall experience was good. Clean room. Clean casino. We opted to try Thunderroad Cantina for supper. Before we entered we were told by a complete stranger, "the food is great but the service is horrible ". He did not lie. The receptionist literally ran off and left us. We could not keep up with her. All we could was wander around and look for her. We finally found her and was seated. Our waitress was no better. She seemed terribly put out to wait on us, even though I think that is what her job description is. She neglected to tell us about the taco and salsa bar that is included with your meal. However, the food was good and we found the salsa and taco's on our own. After a good nights sleep we went to check out and that clerk couldn't stop eating long enough to check us out. No etiquette at all. Down right discusting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rusty M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albuquerque
Isleta Resort & Casino
Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque - Coors Road
La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Airport
Western Skies Inn and Suites Los Lunas
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque West

Been to Route 66 Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!