“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Appleton
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our last night of vacation. The motel is 15 min from the ABQ airport on old Route 66. Breakfast was very nice. The room was spacious and clean. The service was friendly and readily available. We checked in late (10pm) and it was not a problem. The price was very reasonable. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fredi G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sandia Peak Inn. Kay, an owner, checked us in. She was very nice and answered all of our questions about the area, including dining and attractions. The property is well maintained. The room was clean and everything associated with the room worked well. Linda managed the breakfast area. There were several people having breakfast, but there was ample food, fresh fruit, beverages. Linda worked with everyone and offered to make waffles. Although this property is not a "Big Chain" property, but it was clean, safe and priced right.

PS: Call and book direct.

Room Tip: Call Kay directly. She will work with you to select the best room at the right price.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Long story short, I decided at the last minute to do a road trip from east to west coast with the kids. When we were pulling into Albuquerque around 8pm on a Saturday night, I went to my go to source (Trip Advisor) for hotel reviews and this place came up at the top of the list, but for half the price of the bigger chain hotels listed. I tend to stay in chains when traveling alone with the kids, simply because I know what to expect and there is always a front desk area that gives me a sense of security. But I thought I'd take a chance on this one, and I'm glad I did.

Here is the scoop, as I see it:

1. Kay, the owner, is wonderful. She is the kind of hostess that knows all of the guests name and the story that goes along with their journey. She works hard (without making it look hard) at creating an environment in a hotel that I haven't found anywhere outside of a B&B.

2. We stayed in Room 204, which is a corner room with AMAZING space. There are 3 queen beds, a bathroom with separate toilet/shower, dorm fridge, microwave, table with two chairs, tv, and still plenty of floor space for my rambunctious kids who have been in car seats for HOURS and HOUR to jump around and get the wiggles out. It's not luxury by ANY stretch of the imagination. But it is super clean (perhaps cleaner even than most other 3-4 star chain hotels I've stayed in), safe, and I know that if I needed anything, Kay would do her best to help me out.

3. The negative about the room, and I'm not sure if it's all rooms or just this room... the air conditioner had been turned off for the day when we arrived, so the room (late May) was stuffy and hot. It took a good three hours with the a/c running on 68 to finally cool the room down. It's a standard motel wall unit a/c, so it's not quiet, but I suspect that the humming a/c actually helped to drown out the Saturday night noise...so no complaints there.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OneAndOnlyMe
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This place may be a motel but the beds are comfy--as one would expect for a higher end hotel. We were 2 adults and 2 tween aged kids. While I booked this place for 2 queen beds, we were given the option to upgrade to 2 king sized beds with a futon for bit extra money. I slept very well that night, probably the best over my 1 week trip. Breakfast included waffles with strawberries--YUM.

This place elevates the motel experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at Sandia Peak Inn based on the TripAdvisor reviews...not disappointed! It was easy to find, close to Old Town. The motel is older, but is very well maintained. The owner, Kay, was so helpful and friendly. Our room wasn't ready when we checked in, but rather than allowing us to wait the 15 minutes it would have taken to finish the room, she moved us to a different room, an upgrade, at the same price! She made a recommendation for a restaurant in Old Town which turned out to be an excellent choice! The continental breakfast had a broad array of choices available. Overall a very satisfying stay; we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was somewhat skeptical of the #1 rating for this motel given the price, but was extremely impressed during our stay. When we arrived (late) we were greeted by the owner, who was very friendly and helpful, as was the rest of the staff. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. The full breakfast the next morning was great, with eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, etc. The location is an easy drive from the airport and is close to local attractions such as the botanical gardens and Old Town. Also, there are grocery stores nearby. We were just in town for over-night but would definitely make this motel a base for a longer stay in town.

3 Thank John M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

While traveling Route 66 east from Santa Monica Pier to Ohio we have stayed at several places on Route 66. Sandra Peak Inn was has been the Gem so far. The place was very clean, newly decorated and the customer service has been outstanding. It offered a indoor swimming pool, guest laundry and a great location. If you are in the area I would highly recommend the motel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple