“one of the best reasons to visit Albuquerque”

Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
Ranked #4 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: Owned and run by the 19 Indian Pueblos of New Mexico, this important center showcases the history of the Pueblo people through ancient artifacts, dance demonstrations and art exhibits.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center offers authentic native food in its cafe, an elegant gift shop with high quality art and jewelry, and exhibits that explore the history and contributions of the pueblos. I enjoyed the visit so much that I became a member. It is a place worth visiting many times and inspires respect for the Native American experience.

2  Thank JaneM278
Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

996 - 1,000 of 1,548 reviews

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very interesting exhibits and extremely educational. If you have an interest in the New Mexico pueblos, or native American culture in general, then you should definitely pay a visit

4  Thank Jimmie54
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visited later in the afternoon, and joined a. Tour in progress. The guide was very knowledgeable, and very pleasant. The exhibits were truly interesting. This is a first class cultural center, and I didn't have the time to really do more than skim the surface. So, allow yourself plenty of time, and try to be there when there is a demonstration by First Nation performers. The performers were amazing, and we had a lot of fun watching. They shared sacred cornmeal with us, saluted all veterans and their families, and asked people from the audience to join the dancers. It was very nice. I really hope to go back someday.

4  Thank Claire W
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Wonderful pueblo style building with art, sculptures , a great gift shop and a wonderful restaurant featuring native American food from the southwest. If you are lucky , you will see artisans making something, or doing a special dance . I can remember going there when I was a teenager and they had not built on all the extended buildings . You will learn something with all the fine exhibits.

2  Thank H0lly1956
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were in town for the Fiesta Balloon Festival in October. In between the events on the field, we took a quick trip to the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center. It was a great stop to be introduced to the Pueblo culture, experience various dancers and art. The Peublos within were so nice. Inviting me and my friends to experience the best of their culture. Awesome experience!

3  Thank Michelle G