“Warm, comfortable - a complete delight.”
Review of Adobe and Roses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Adobe and Roses
Ranked #9 of 13 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
Waterville, Maine
“Warm, comfortable - a complete delight.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Adobe and Roses was perfect for our exploration of New Mexico. The suites are homey, comfortable and fun. We day-tripped to Albuquerque, several pueblos and the Tourquoise Road. Dorothy, the proprietress, was a delight, as were her breakfasts. Six Michellin stars!!!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Located in the middle of horse country a 15 minute ride from the Old Town, Adobe and Roses is a wonderful, quiet oasis surrounded by gardens, a pond and a variety of colorful birds on the ground. Don't let the distance throw you, everything is about a 20 minute ride in Albuquerque. We stayed in one of the units in the back, which were fully self contained complete with a fireplace and all the amenities you would want. Dorothy, the gracious and very approachable owner/hostess, is a fountain of knowledge and cooks a mean breakfast, that will set you up for the day. We would stay here again and would recommend to any of our friends and family.

Room Tip: Try for one of the units in the back. The suite with the queen bed is a bit bigger than the one wit...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OttawaOnno
Livingston, Montana, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

In September 2013, I traveled to Albuquerque and was looking for a bed & breakfast where I could relax for a few days, be independent, be surrounded by quiet and beauty - and bring my faithful Labrador retriever. I found it - and more! Adobe & Roses is its own little paradise in the midst of a beautiful garden with unbelievably gorgeous flowers. It is located in the northwestern parts of Albuquerque and therefore in a quiet neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I was in the "Private Suite" with kitchen, dining area, sofa, TV, piano (!), gorgeous bathroom and very comfortable bed. Dorothy, the charming hostess, brought me breakfast every morning. I had found my home away from home. I enjoyed it very much and so did my dog. I hope that I can return some day soon!

Room Tip: Choose the private Room/Wing if you want to be independent. It is like home away from home.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Susi S
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Following a period of solitude at a New Mexico Hermitage, I was seeking a quiet, peaceful place to continue my retreat over the winter. It was my good fortune to find Adobe and Roses, the perfect solution to my search for an affordable, retreat-like environment.

I spent part of my time in silence, and Dorothy was always respectful and accommodating of this. My room, tucked into the back of her property and surrounded by trees, shrubs, gardens, and a pond enhanced the sense of being on retreat. I would start each day with my coffee watching the sun rise, the birds flying across the sky, and the morning light transforming the landscape.

Sometimes on cold nights I sat with a glass of wine reading or writing, warmed by a fire in the beautiful kiva fireplace. The wood is provided, set right outside the door!

While Dorothy has satisfied her visitors for many years as a B & B hostess, I would suggest that Adobe and Roses is the perfect place for an extended retreat. My four months here were exactly what I needed. With the spiritual energy and resources which are a part of New Mexico, you can make Adobe and Roses your home while you explore the old adobe churches, the nineteen Indian Pueblos, the desert, the mountains, the Rio Grande…Or if you simply need to rest, to be alone, to be in nature, you will not be disappointed here. There is truly no place like New Mexico if you a seeking to nourish your spirit, and I cannot imagine a more perfect lodging
than here with Dorothy at Adobe and Roses in the beautiful north valley of Albuquerque.

I feel blessed to have lived in this extraordinary place Dorothy has created.
And it is very beautiful, both inside and out. Everything you need, Dorothy has already thought of and made available.

Come for weeks or months, you will be nourished and leave with a grateful heart.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank CRhea
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Loved this place. Maybe it was the large room with the corner fire place, or the North Valley atmosphere, or the extra goodies in the little kitchen - like popcorn and hot chocolate. Or maybe it was the fantastic service with coffee available early in the morning and fresh cream in the refrigerator. Then there was the delicious made-to-order breakfast served on the sunny patio complete with home made jam and a strolling peahen. This B & B rents by the night or the month. Next time I am going back for a month. By the way, it is a great location. Just 10 mins to Old town, the local casino, or the Tram.

Room Tip: Limited rooms. All on ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Michican909
Holly Lake Ranch, TX
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was our first stay at Adobe and Roses, and we were traveling with our small dog. When I initially made the reservation, I was a little concerned about some of Dorothy's policies: no credit cards, dogs not allowed on the furniture, dog to be kept away from her chickens. Although all of these stipulations are completely reasonable, I was afraid that our laid back personalities might clash with Dorothy's expectations. Then, to top it all off, we arrived much earlier than expected after spending a horrible morning in traffic and failing to get anywhere close to a parking spot near Old Town. Tired and stressed, we threw ourselves at Dorothy's mercy. What we soon discovered is that she is one of the most gracious, accommodating innkeepers we've ever encountered. Despite the fact that our room wasn't yet ready, she immediately invited us to drop off our things and directed us to a great nearby restaurant for a leisurely lunch, just what we needed. When we returned, our room (actually a wing of the house) was ready for us, allowing my husband to crash for a much-needed nap. Later, when I asked Dorothy for a recommendation where I might be able to leave our dog for day boarding the next day, she volunteered to let us leave the Princess in the room where Dorothy checked on her throughout the day. I could go on and on about the beautiful grounds surrounding the house, the restful, quiet atmosphere, the comfortable furnishings, and the excellent hot breakfast, but it still wouldn't do justice to Dorothy and her inn. I highly recommend Adobe and Roses to anyone looking for a place to feel at home in Albuquerque.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Approximately one year later I made a return visit to Adobe and Roses and everything I said in my first review remains wonderful! This time I had the suite in the main house...it is pictured above at the start of this listing...very spacious living/dining area with expansive windows looking out on the lovely gardens. Quiet and private. Delicious breakfast every morning and a simple and convenient kitchen, bedroom and bathroom with both a shower and a tub. I love this place, this rural residential neighborhood, and it is now firmly established in my mind as my go-to home when in Albuquerque.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo