“Great stay during business trip-extraordinary landscapes”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town
Ranked #16 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My stay in March was due to a business trip, and I had a comfortable and pleasant stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and cozy, and the breakfast (free!!) was great. Just what I needed at the beginning and the end of the day. New Mexico landscapes are amazing, and a trip to Santa Fe ( 55 miles away) is recommended.
I always try to stay at Holiday Inn hotels, I was never disappointed, the standard of the rooms, breakfast and staff is uniform all over the US (unlike other chain hotels as Comfort Inn, Best Western..) .So based on my experience, you can expect comfort and good service at Holiday Inn hotels.

Room Tip: higher floors are quiter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank flavia y
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

fyalie,

Thank you for your recent stay and your review. I am so happy that you have found a hotel brand family that you are comfortable with and know what to expect! You know you will find a clean room, Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, and a cozy bed to get a good nights sleep while you are away from home. I hope that you are already a Priority Club member, and if you are not I encourage you to become one. You may earn points for just about anything! Happy Traveling!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Top marks for a good value, very well maintained and comfortable hotel. I've got fed up with staying in hotels who don't seem to care about maintaining the building fabric, so this Holiday Inn Express provided a welcome change. Good parking and external grounds, nice lobby and reception, welcoming staff. Room was good, though a little cramped with two double beds, nice pool for use at the end of the day, decent breakfast choice although I refuse to give anywhere 5 stars if plastic plates, knives, forks, spoons and cups are a hotel choice. Only in America! Would have been nice to have the pool open before 08:00, gym on the 3rd floor. A bit isolated from the main shopping areas, and close to a main road, so a bit noisy in some rooms. Otherwise very good, would certainly stay again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank UKDiver2007

UKDiver2007,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your comments. I am glad that you were able to feel the difference in our property. We truly care about our hotel as it is our home, therefore we always want it to look and feel it's best. I suggest a suite on your next stay with us, they provide more space to move around and not feel so crammed. Safe Travels to you!

Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is a GREAT hotel! Front desk staff were super nice, rooms were nice and clean (except we had a moth infestation, which I think was only from the sand storm earlier that day). Excellent location, close to UNM and Old Town.
I will definitely stay here again next year!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie A

Stephanie A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I believe we are a GREAT hotel too! Our team members make all the difference in each day and each guests stay. The moths did invade the city for a few days, according to the news it was because of our warm temperatures.
We look forward to seeing you again next year on your visit to Albuquerque!

Reviewed 4 May 2012

The hotel is nice and the staff is friendly. The only concern I had was it is located in a older part of town. The parking lot is open so kids take short cuts thru the lot. We didn't have any problems but make sure you don't leave anything in your car.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jeep146

jeep146,

Thank you for your review! I will forward your comments to our team. We also recommend to safeguard all valuables, we should never leave items of value in our vehicles no matter where we are - familiar or unfamiliar.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Would definitely stay here again. The staff was very helpful on advising things to do and see and directions on how to get there. They were always very pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pam C
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Pam C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy that our team were able to provide you with directions and things to see and do. Albuquerque has so much to offer. I hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2012

My husband and I and another couple stayed at this hotel for six nights while visiting Albuquerque. From the moment we checked in until we checked out, we really enjoyed our stay. The clerks at the front desk were always friendly and helpful. We asked Toni about nearby restaurants and were given great tips on where to eat. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast each morning was fully stocked with a variety of food and the breakfast room hostess was friendly and polite. This hotel is conveniently located just across the street from The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center - a must see. We would definately recommend this Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor facing the mountains to the east. We had a great view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OnTheG03

OntheG03,

Thank you for your wonderful review and the beautiful pictures that you have shared with the public! We truly appreciate it. I am so glad that you had a good time in Albuquerque. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our city.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

While on a recent trip we stumbled upon this HI express. We were planning on an overnight stay, but the hotel was so nice and the staff were so pleasant and accommodating, that we extended our stay another day. If we weren't on our way back from our actual vacation, we would have stayed another day! Their recommendations for dinner, the old town area, and the hotels location were all superb. If you're traveling through, you can't go wrong with this one! The general manager and the lady she was training (who will be operating the hotel in Gallup) were absolutely fantastic and went above and beyond to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. They were very familiar with the area and gave wonderful recommendations on activities and eateries!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank the_Monaghan
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

the_Monaghan,

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your time and experiences in Albuquerque! How great to be able to stay an extra day in our beautiful city! Thank you for the great comments about our people. I will forward to our staff. We hope to see you on your next trip to NM!