“Second visit, still great”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town
Ranked #17 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I spent a night here passing through ABQ in Summer of 2013. I liked it so much that I booked a room here again on our way through to Las Vegas.
Penny at the Front Desk was friendly and welcoming. Once she saw that I was a repeat customer, her smile got even bigger!
The place is really nice, and I love that it is right off I-40 wit a gas station right across the street. If you are headed West through Albuquerque, stay here and head on your way forst thing in the morning, having avoided a TON of morning commuter traffic!!

Room Tip: Spend the few extra dollars on the "Executive Suite"; it is worth it for even more room to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Jeff S.,

Thank you for being a repeat guest! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I am so glad that you found our location to be just what you need. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The room was wonderful and comfortable, the indoor pool was warm, the hot breakfast was unbelievable, the halls were quiet, the manager and front desk people were very friendly and helpful, the workout room was right on my floor, even free cookies and tea (not just coffee) in the room! Lots of little extras that made it the best stay I have ever had at a hotel.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of the hall on third floor near the stairway and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Marilyn H,

I am so happy to hear that you loved all the little touches our hotel offers. Coffee and tea in the room plus available 24/7 in the lobby. Fresh baked cookies in the evening and a friendly staff too. I do hope that you will recommend us to your friends and family and that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is in a great location for exploring some of the main attractions in Albuquerque. The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center is right across the street, although there are no crosswalks so you will need to drive across. Room key gives 10% discount at the Pueblo Center restaurant, which has excellent affordable regional food. It's a pretty short drive to Old Town itself, the Biopark with botanical gardens and aquarium, the zoo, and Petroglyph Monument. The price was good, and the free breakfast buffet as ok. Some rooms have a mountain view which is beautiful. Having a refrigerator and microwave was great, although there are no utensils or plates to use. Unfortunately there is the typical hotel problem of insufficient sound proofing between rooms, so it's pretty easy to hear your neighbors. Fortunately, this did not appear to be a party hotel so we didn't experience lots of noise from the hallways. Free wireless internet service was spotty, sometimes had a hard time logging on.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing mountains, and avoid rooms facing the interstate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

LMomNY,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your review. I am glad that you liked our location. I am sorry to hear that you had spotty internet. I will be sure to check with our provider regarding this. I do hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to Albuquerque.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Wow it feels just like home here. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Every time the we've come into the hotel from being out and about someone greets us as we come in! The maid service is excellent, our room is spotless, the bathroom is clean, and they're so sweet to talk to.
The breakfast....WOW, so delicious! You must try the cinnamon buns, you won't beat them.
I also must add here...
We stayed for 3 nights, on the final night we were leaving very early in the next morning to travel. We were leaving before breakfast began, we shared this info with the breakfast attendant and she happily gave us cinnamon rolls to heat up the following morning so we'd have something to eat. So thoughtful! I seriously felt at home here.
Also, this hotel is very close to a lot of fun things to do in Albuquerque, including Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, Old Town, and Sandia Tram. It's right off if 40west.
Stay here, you'll love it!
I hope the staff here is praised for their work because they truly are so wonderful!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Alexis D,

I am so glad that you LOVE us and our hotel. We strive each day to be a Hotel that Guests LOVE. Just an FYI the famous cinnamon rolls can be purchased on our website. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to our team. I hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We picked this hotel because it is relatively near the attractions we were visiting.

The desk staff was terrific, and the breakfast was quite good.

The rooms were typical of a HIE, a nice suite, comfortable, well maintained, and quiet.

I would like to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Tecolate,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I love our location as well. We are close to both interstates which makes it so easy to get anywhere in Albuquerque. I hope you had a good time in Albuquerque and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We were tired and looking for a comfortable hotel to spend the night and found this beautiful hotel. I was impressed by the way Ray treated us. He even took the time to bring us a luggage carrier, and helped us with anything we needed to make our stay pleasant. There should be employees like him in all hotels! Rooms were in excellent condition, loved the bathroom. Breakfast was great, with much variety, and we were fortunate enough to presence an emergency hot air balloon landing in the field right next to the hotel ( Everyone landed safely by the way.). Thanks for the great stay! We are definitely planning to come back again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

daintyramekins,

WOW! Sounds like you had a good trip to Albuquerque. I am so happy to hear that Ray impressed you. He is a great part of our awesome team. They really understand what customer service is all about. I am glad that you were able to see the hot air balloon landing. Maybe your next visit will be to experience our International Balloon Fiesta! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Spent 2 nights here during a trip around Southern USA and was most impressed,The Hotel should be proud of the job Penny on reception does she is a credit to her profession.Slight downside is that the Hotel is not in the Old Town but is a short cab ride away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Gabwoc,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your input. Penny is defiantly an asset to our organization. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Albuquerque.