“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town
Ranked #16 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Great stay - staff was extremely helpful, free breakfast was well done. Nothing was wrong but I have a feeling that if I had a problem it would have been addressed. I can't remember a budget hotel manager seeking me out to ensure everything was satisfactory, which this manager did. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Candor87
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Candor87,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found your stay to be great and no problems. And yes you are right the team would act quickly if there had been any issues. I will be sure to share your comments with our wonderful team. Hope to see you on your return trip to or thru Albuquerque.

Haleah Todd

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We drive through Albuquerque at least once a year, and have always had bad luck with the hotels -- didn't want to spend too much since it's only for a good night's sleep before heading on our way. However, I was able to book this hotel with points, and totally enjoyed our stay. Since I have an IHG credit card, we were upgraded to a suite upon arrival, and it was enormous, with two separate rooms -- very comfy. The breakfast wasn't the greatest, and it's true that the pancakes were pretty bad, but we enjoyed it anyway.

The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because when I originally booked the reservation, I called the hotel and requested a rollaway bed, and they said that was fine. However, upon arrival, I was told that the hotel doesn't have rollaway beds. Since they upgraded us to the suite at that point I wasn't going to complain, but felt they should have told us in advance.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were warmly greeted, and we received an upgrade for our room. Signage could be better since we turned too early. Location to Old Town is good.

The only negative which is true for ALL HIE is the marginal breakfast. So much more could be done other than stale pastries from Sam's Club. The pancakes are terrible. HEI needs to freshen up this breakfast. We typically do not eat breakfast since it is so poor. More fruit would be helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed on Friday February 28, 2014 and we were very pleased from the time we walked in the door! The hotel is clean, fresh, and very hard to believe it is 5 years old. Every corner of our room as clean and fresh like it was opening day. I was almost sorry we couldn't stay longer! I come from a background in the hotel industry and customer service. We will most definitely stay here on future visits to ABQ!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Debra C
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Very happy with our stay here. Staff at the front desk was very welcoming, location to Old Town was great(short drive, don't expect to walk) and it has a very clean look. Room was very nice, but do ask for one not on street side as it was rather noisy. Restaurant at the Pueblo Cultural Center across the street was excellent and the craftspeople very skilled. Enjoyed the breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: As stated above, not on street side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

On our way to Phoenix, we spent the night at this particular HIE. I can positively and honestly say, it was the best one yet! The staff at the front desk was helpful, knowledgeable and seemed genuinely caring. The rooms were clean,especially the bathroom. I would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers. Also, it was in a very convenient location. At breakfast, the hotel manager went to each table and inquired about their stay. You don't see that often. A good thing is going on here! So, on our return trip home, we stayed two more nights and explored Albequerque.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan L
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I frequently visit Albuquerque for work related matters. You can't beat the Old Town Holiday Inn Express for an overall quality stay. The location is perfect, the rooms are clean, large and kept up to date. The price is always reasonable, the breakfast bar is always well stocked and tasty. Best of all are the employees who are always exceptionally friendly and helpful. You are always greeted with a smile and made to feel sincerely welcomed. The front desk staff always have great restaurant recommendations too! It's a great hotel for short or longer stays!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business